Notices

Strange thoughts of "justified drinking."

Old 02-17-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

JustODAAT,
i'm thinking that for people like us, there is no "justified" drinking. what i mean is, the "normies" out there can use a justification for overdoing it once in a while, when something happens, or even when not.
for us, there is no "justified". it's irrelevant. absurd to try and make the distinction between justified and non-justified.
but you already know it's absurd

interesting that you speak of it in terms of a situation in which no-one could "blame" you...how does being blamed by others and yourself (yourself most of all) figure into this? not getting blamed is not interchangeable with being responsible.
hm...contrary to some other suggestions about not entertaining the thoughts, what works for me is the opposite, which is to pay real close attention to the picture "the voice" is describing: that my sobriety is dependent on outside circumstances. that if a, d, g and h happen, then drinking is okay. i'd take a good look at the illogic in that, and what function i'm imagining drinking would serve in those scenarios. because to me the fantasies would be saying that i'm unsure there's nothing left there for me, in drinking.

another hm....good chance, too, to check out what else you can put in place, what you can add that will be a positive to help you in times of future stressful scenarios.