Notices

Symptoms of what?

Old 02-11-2014, 09:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Symptoms of what?

I have been a drinker for 7 years. The first 6 and 1/2 I drank a half pint of 100 proof vodka every night. The last 6 months I doubled it to a pint every night. I started throwing up every day and having liver pain. 27 days ago I quit drinking. 15 days into it, I drank 4 ounces of vodka. Within an hour I had developed hives and welts all over my body and was extremely itchy. The hives lasted a week, but it is now another week later and I'm extremely itchy every night. Why am I so itchy?

The 4 ounces I drank and the hives reaction have made it clear that I have developed an allergy to alcohol, but shouldn't it be over by now?

No insurance, so I have no doctor.

Thanks in advance, these forums have been extremely helpful through this process.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Liver disease. Please see a Doctor.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome

We can throw out guesses which may, or may not, be informed ones....but in the end, you really need to see a Dr for a definitive diagnosis.

None of us are Doctors.

There are a lot of free or low cost clinics around - if there's one in your local area you might get some medical advice there?

http://www.needymeds.org/free_clinics.taf
The 10377 clinics in this database are free, low cost, low cost with a sliding scale based on income, or offer some type of financial assistance.
2-1-1 Call Center Search

2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. Learn more about your local 2-1-1 by looking it up here.
D
Old 02-11-2014, 09:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Those are great links. I will start calling around tomorrow.

Thank you!
Old 02-11-2014, 10:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

No problem - let us know how you get on

D
Old 02-13-2014, 09:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This disease is Chronic, Progressive and Fatal. Chronic just means it happens over and over again. Progressive means it gets worse over time even when sober, this disease is progressive. And Fatal means death. People die from this disease all the time, DUI's, car accidents, choking on your own vomit while sleeping, fighting whatever.

I found it amusing when this native guy in a wheel chair with one leg would come strolling into the Harm Reduction shelter all drunked up again and wanting to fight everyone in the room. Now thats just human nature.