Notices

This is the weekend

Old 02-08-2014, 10:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

This is the weekend

One year ago this weekend business as usual.

7pm: Get home from work with a 5th of whiskey (more than my usual pint because the liquor stores are closed on Sunday and I need some Sunday night)
Take some OTC sleeping pills so I will fall asleep before the whiskey runs out. Drink about 1/3 of it fall asleep by 9pm

11pm: Wake up to husband screaming at me my 16 year old daughter was just picked up by police drunk (.015)

12am: Finally get my daughter to bed. She is drunk. Really drunk. She has that distant look in her eyes I have only seen a few times. It scares the crap out of me. Why hasn't she thrown up? People are supposed to throw up when they are that drunk. That scares the crap out of me. Husband screaming some more. He is saying this is what kids do when not checked up on. I think this is more than kids being kids. That look in her eyes and that tolerance scares me.

12:01am: Start working on that whiskey again. Now I am up and my buzz has worn off. Drink another 1/3.

1:00 am: Goofy dog that has been acting sick starts crying. I think I know what's going on. He likes to chew things and I am pretty sure he has intestinal block. Look up Emergency vet number and wait to sober up so I can drive him in. It takes until about 7am with me dozing on and off. He keeps crying intermittingly. Horrible thing to hear coming out of an animal.

7:00 am: Drive 30 miles in ice storm to get to vet. Travel advisory so no one is on the roads.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

silentrun- can I ask- how have things changed in the past year? Are things better, worse, or the same for you, husband, and daughter. Oh and the dog.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

I have been sober ever since except for May 1st when I tried to get drunk after quitting smoking. Sunday is the day it hit me. I was planning on finishing the story but it is actually really hard to relive it. I will finish it tomorrow. There is some woowoo in it.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'll look for your follow-up post tomorrow. Get some sleep.
P.S. I got that same middle of the night call from the police when my daughter was 16, so I understand.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

what a night...
Old 02-09-2014, 03:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Look forward to the wooo wooo x
Old 02-09-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

poor doggy..is he ok now?