Notices

My life

Old 02-06-2014, 01:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My life

I just want to say hello to people. I just erased an entire paragraph of dribble I decided to write to you all. I apologize for being high on marijuana, a bit of coke, a bit of mdma and a few beers. Hope someone is there to listen regardless.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Any time xxx
Old 02-06-2014, 01:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We hope you find here that you don't need to get a kick out of life by being high on marijuana, a bit of coke, a bit of mdma and a few beers. Sobriety and a sense of clarity is pretty cool. Welcome aboard and keep coming back.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How do you keep track? Even if you think you have something to keep track of?
Old 02-06-2014, 01:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm speaking of life as a whole.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I guess I just don't remember what reality feels like anymore. Everyday for me is 4-6 beers atleast. Everyone thinks I am normal and great. I must be missing out.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The only issue is when I drink too much and I say and/or do something stupid. Otherwise, life is grand. Do others out there feel this way?
Old 02-06-2014, 01:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!

I figure life is all about routine, create a pattern to each day and eventually we start to live again, the problem is our pattern used to be consuming alcohol, but by switching our routine, our life becomes focused on other things, it can be done!!
Old 02-06-2014, 01:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

What do you do when your job revolves around alcohol? Should I quit?
Old 02-06-2014, 01:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Depends on the risk to your Sobriety, there's a few people who have posted having made it work, and others that it would never work for.

Like any situation, whether at work or outside of work, you need to come up with a plan to stay Sober, I don't work around alcohol, but that didn't stop me going to the liqueor store every day after work on my way home, that's probably easier to break the pattern, but I still had to follow through with a new routine if I was to get Sober.

You gotta figure out, how to stay Sober, whether that means jobs, friends, Superbowl parties etc etc . . . and stick to it!!
Old 02-06-2014, 01:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

How do you know "you" need to stay sober?
Old 02-06-2014, 01:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome PermIllusion

I'd forgotten what reality was like too, and it was hard to re-adjust but really no harder than the insane drinking life I had.

There's a lot of support here too - noone needs to do this alone

I was a gigging musician so yeah, I did leave that world for a while cos it was pretty alcohol and drug sodden....but what you do is up to you - if you think your job is stopping you from getting sober, and you really feel there's no way you can change that, I'd definitely encourage you to think about your future.

I knew I had to stay sober cos I was killing myself. You may not be at the point yet...but clearly something bought you here?

D
Old 02-06-2014, 01:46 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

For me it was the realisation that I started many years ago having 2 pints of beer a night and that had escalated to almost a bottle of whiskey a night. Alcohol had increasingly progressed in my life.

Also the aspect of loosing control, not being able to stop after a beer or a glass, I had to keep drinking until blacking out, and this wasn't just on weekends, it was every night.

To me all those signs pointed to a problem, or an addiciton or whatever you want to call it, the fact was something had to change, and not being able to have 1 drink and stop meant a completly Sober lifestyle.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:05 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

"For me it was the realisation that I started many years ago having 2 pints of beer a night and that had escalated to almost a bottle of whiskey a night. Alcohol had increasingly progressed in my life.

Also the aspect of loosing control, not being able to stop after a beer or a glass, I had to keep drinking until blacking out, and this wasn't just on weekends, it was every night.

To me all those signs pointed to a problem, or an addiciton or whatever you want to call it, the fact was something had to change, and not being able to have 1 drink and stop meant a completly Sober lifestyle."

So what is life like now? What changed other than the alcohol?
Old 02-06-2014, 02:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am part you and part non alcoholic. It's odd. Mostly I can handle myself and some few times I lose control and act crazy. I am always a loving lovely person, just being friendly. Good friends tell me I Am just having a good time and just loving everyone around... A co-worker (not sure if he is ******* with me still or not even tho others have told me I was just being a loving friend, amongst them all) told me I was basically groping this 18 year old. I had many other people stick up for me to me. It never became an issue otherwise, just by him and a joke by a few. I talked to the girl and she told me I was just loving everyone and being a loving drunk. I vaguely remember just being drunk and loving everyone. Maybe I rubbed her shoulders but that was it for sure. I have talked to many.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:15 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I guess my point is should I tell me woman about that? I don't think it was much if anything to talk about. One person told me I was being a bad guy (groping her breasts and hitting on her.), yet two other girls who were there told me I was just being a drunk fun guy. I know I was drunk, what do you think I should believe?
Old 02-06-2014, 03:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

well, I wouldn't want to be 'that guy' getting handsy with strangers, or downright invasive and obnoxious with groping - do you PI?

let's great real - thats not being 'loving and friendly'...its something else entirely.

D
Old 02-06-2014, 06:00 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

As to whether or not you were being inappropriate with this woman, I tend to fall back on the tried and true "If you have to ask if your behavior was inappropriate, then it most likely was." Think of it this way -- would you want someone acting that way to your daughter? If not, you shouldn't be doing it. And if you can't remember doing it at all (or vaguely), then that's a problematic issue as well.

For me, I stopped when I saw that others were getting hurt by my decision to keep drinking. It wasn't just about me anymore and it hadn't been for quite a while but it took me some time to see that and stop. It's been the most freeing, glorious decision I've ever made and I wish I'd done it sooner.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PermIllusion View Post

So what is life like now? What changed other than the alcohol?
To be successful everything has to change, there is no point removing alcohol and then sitting around with too much time thinking about, guess what, alcohol.

A complete change of lifestyle is needed, new activities, old hobbies etc . . . a pattern of life that doesn't facilitate alcohol but other activities.

I can definitely say the hangover free mornings are amazing!!
Old 02-06-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Originally Posted by PermIllusion View Post
What do you do when your job revolves around alcohol? Should I quit?
I would if you are struggling xxx