Notices

Day 3, I am craving nicotine, not booze

Old 02-05-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3, I am craving nicotine, not booze

I stopped drinking and chewing tobacco 3 days ago. For me the two go hand in hand, one fuels the other. And I would always do both only when watching TV or playing video games.

I am sitting in my office completely niccing out. The agitation I feel in my gut is horrendous.

Without the nicotine, my desire to drink drops to almost zero as I have gone without both for 8 months but recently picked it up again in August.

I thought about picking up some nicotine gum, but then I'll be hooked on nicotine gum, haha and its gross.

I know if I can make it past day 3 it gets better here on, this is the tough part.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't try too much at once. Maybe buy the gum and take only a few pieces with you to work. You don't want to crumble on both fronts and end up drinking and chewing again. No telling how long it will take to get the desire to stop both again.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I always think back to those nightmare early cravings and am so glad to be beyond it. You can too Just hold and string a bunch together but remind yourself the further you get that you never have to feel this way again if you abstain.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm off the fags since the 24th Jan. I smoke rolling tobaccoo usually. Cold turkey. it's been more difficult this time then last. Was off them for two and a 1/2 months last year.

Must have drank about 50 cup of tea my first day off them. Then went for a jog and some light exercise, which i'm gradually trying to build up.

I'm on two bloody inhalers from smoking tobacco Ventolin and Becclazone and i'm 28. But my wheeze is gone now.

I here for you man stay strong!!
Old 02-05-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I did the same thing ,Decided the Copenhagen would not cause me to lose my job ,wreck my car ,get in fights ,ect .

Ill attack the snuff later .

For now ,ill just keep on with it .
Old 02-05-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I just focused on quitting drinking at first and then quit chew after about 7 months of sobriety. Idk how you quit both at once I'm impressed. Your on the worst day with the nicotine for sure. It's all downhill from here
Old 02-05-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I once quit alcohol, weed, and chew all at once for 6 months. I thought I was going crazy. I will have to take it one day at a time.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This November it will be twenty years since I quit smoking cigs and three since I quit drinking. They were both horrible addictions to quit but the first whole month or so is way worse with tobacco--searing cravings distract from everything else and the extra oxygen and circulation made me spaced out and jittery. It took me eight tries to get past a week because every time I slipped up it would put me back to zero. I really felt like I was losing my best friend and it made me resentful. I got through it though. I started to get some longer and longer spells of relief and after six months I was home free. Just like drinking, the key is to not pick up for any reason. Have faith that it will get better. It will.