Cook or bake
Read
Nap!
Journal
Knit/craft
Read recovery blogs
Old 02-04-2014, 01:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am crazy insane about pictures and making sure I have something to remember my family by when I'm old and alone and my kids have abandoned me to a nursing home! So I use big spans of time like that for making photobooks or scrapbooks. I do one for each year (although I will admit I'm a little bit behind). But it's so fun to reminisce, and I'm sure my kids will love looking at their baby pictures and what life was like for mom and dad before they came along. And if they don't, it's really for me anyway.

Another thing I've tried to do is change my routine a bit so that I do most of my chores (if possible) during the kids' naps. It's pretty much impossible right now since I have a toddler and newborn, but sometimes it works out. That way I can be more present with them. I found it was really easy to get "busy" doing housework (or in my case outside work) and let them play by themselves (when they let me; but that's pretty rare!). But I don't want them to remember me as always working. So our house is not nearly as clean as I'd like, but we play a lot (a low key play lately, but it's what I can manage right now; luckily my toddler doesn't notice I don't have much energy).
Old 02-04-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Read
Old 02-04-2014, 02:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
What's smashbooks, MsJax?
They are kind of a mix of journaling, scrapbooking & vision boards. You can use any blank book or even make your own & then bind it yourself with binder rings. It works for me because I'm not very crafty. Normal scrapbooks are too perfect for me thus intimidating to even start! I'm making a big one that has several sections- my dogs , decorating, my garden ideas, things that make me happy. You just write & glue & print pictures, anything goes! They are fun to look at online. Also nice to go back and look at when I'm in a bad place, for inspiration thx for asking
Old 02-04-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
at peace

I'm snowed in today so a very fitting topic. I looked over all my old photo's (twenty years+ago) and finnally picking some out to scan into a photobook
Old 02-05-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

READ!!! So many books, so little time!!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
~sb

hobby
meditation
reading
exercise

brain storm some of your own ideas....

what would you like to accomplish??
Old 02-05-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Poison Eater Extraordinaire

Originally Posted by BradJustBrad View Post

brain storm some of your own ideas....

what would you like to accomplish??
I guess the problem is, I don't have many interests. I am considering the idea of a smash book though, or creating a little scrapbook for my youngest from when I was pregnant with her (I did it for the other 2, but not for her yet).

In general though, drinking was my go to "free time" activity. I don't run, mediate, read much, etc - so actually finding something I might enjoy is hard. I also think I am a tad depressed, so actually mustering up interest in anything is very hard for me. I sometimes enjoy baking, but again - feeling depressed and can't seem to must up enough gumption to actually do said baking.

But thanks for the ideas everyone. I think I'll start on a tiny scrapbook for my youngest and go from there.