Notices

High anxiety

Old 01-27-2014, 06:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

High anxiety

I have a job interview tomorrow. I keep telling myself to think positively, and even if I don't get it, it's not the end of the world. I have a warm bed and food in the fridge.

The postman delivered two rejection letters this morning. I didn't even get called for those interviews.

I am sitting with my usual cup of camomile tea and I looked down and there was a huge fly floating in it eeeeeewwwwww!

I know my dad is a bit concerned because I don't handle stress well. I went to a meeting at lunchtime and I am feeling stronger than I used to.

Anyway I made fresh tea and I am doing my breathing exercises.

Just wanted to express my feelings instead of doing my usual of bottling everything up.

I am "swimming out to meet my ship" instead of sitting and waiting. Hopefully my time will come.

I am trying to stay positive because otherwise I have nothing left x
Old 01-27-2014, 06:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Tetra...Sounds like you are doing all the "right" things to ease your anxiety & staying positive & glad that you are posting to express how your feeling!!! I will send positive thoughts your way for your interview....You will do great. Stupid fly
Old 01-27-2014, 07:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Job rejection would make me very upset. I hat interviewing for a job only to get turned down. As far as your anxiety, it could be another issue to tackle. There are medicines to help. I know, for myself, natural techniques just don't help. I think I caused brain damage from my heavy alcohol use and it also has caused central nervous system damage. Thank god, I no longer get panic attacks now that I have meds.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Awesome Tetra, I like how you keep moving forward even when it's hard and scary. I need your inspiration. I am looking for a job as well as facing some other things that require applications, confrontations and evalauations and my anxiety has been a real issue lately.

Hugs for both of us, and I hope the interview goes really well.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well that wasn't easy, but the interviewer was a really nice man

I was hell bent on doing it and proving to myself that I didn't need to drink to get through it, and I didn't faint, throw up or decide not to show up at all.

I have a new rule: if I find myself getting into a panic about something, I sit down for a minute and ask myself "will this matter in 6 months time?" If my answer is no, I forget about it.

He said they got so many applications, that they had to pull the ad after 3 days. But he said mine was the first one they received and he was impressed that I was so "on the ball"

He said as well that he really liked my CV, "it was very professional". (That CV clinic I went to was well worth the few quid.) He liked my job experience as well.

I felt strange this morning when I was putting on my suit and heels. My day to day uniform is jeans, t-shirt, a hoodie and converse and I felt like I was playing dress up, but when I was out and about people were reacting to me differently, holding doors open etc. It just felt weird as I spent years drinking and hiding myself away.

Even if I don't get the job, I am still thrilled with myself!!! I got some job interview experience and I proved that I don't need to hide.

Thanks to everyone here for the prayers and good wishes! x
Old 01-28-2014, 04:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I love your attitude and I love this saying, which I'd never heard before: I am "swimming out to meet my ship" instead of sitting and waiting.

You can only control what you can control. You went in there with a well-prepared resume and did a solid interview. That's all you could do...the rest involves factors that you can't control. So I say: Take it as a solid win. Good for you!

Old 01-28-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

prayer and meditation help, so does helping someone who is new to sobriety....

Wishing you well!!