Notices

Work after being "unemployable"

Old 01-26-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone for all your replies, great and good advice, all of it. Well i have had a talk with said employee, basically toldher I need to her support and help...told her i needed this job. I made her giggle and walk away. Wow.
At the end of the week I was devastated. How can someone be like that. I just cant start screaming at some kid, my strategy now is just to give it some time...this girl is one of those sarcastic goth types never smiling for the most part...but shes dam good with the machines at work (copy and print shop) super efficient. I found out she is living with her sick mother, basically I assume she has to support her mother somewhat too. I do feel for her, she obviously has issues.
None the less i still havent drank...I am just going to shoulder down for now and see how time and prayer work.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Galactus

Galactus...I think its just a fact of life we have to work or deal with other people that just don't like us. Don't let that chick get under your skin..u have skills at work also. Like for instance my sisters husband can't stand me and I feel same for him. He was even nasty to me at my Father's funeral! Wow to that! I used to live filled with rage everyday! Suddenly i stopped caring if other people like me or not. I'm really happy that stuff stopped bothering me. I've got important things to concentrate on..like my ongoing sobriety. Let her walk away giggling...good riddance to her. I also worked with people that didn't like me. Enjoy your new job Galactus! You've got a paycheck coming in!
Old 01-26-2014, 12:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Want to get under their skin ?

Smile at the person , and be as nice to them as you can .

That will screw with people's minds , like you would not belive .

One guy at work was giving me a little bit of smack talking .
I walked up on him running me down to co workers at the lunch table .

My reply was "at least if you are talking about me , you are leaving
Someone else alone " I laughed and walked off .

Guess who looked stupid ?