Notices

Drinking Before Going To Work..

Old 01-22-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drinking Before Going To Work..

Hi! I know not easy to remember lotsa stuff when drinking alcohol everyday! But I was just wondering...Does anyone else out there remember FIRST TIME you had a drink before going to work at your job? I remember everything about that day because I swore I would never do it. But I did. I was trying to get rid of my wicked hangover. I couldn't call in sick at my job. I was 23 yrs.old.

Last edited by archenemy; 01-22-2014 at 07:08 PM. Reason: closed down
Old 01-22-2014, 07:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I never drank before going to work, but I sure made up for it once I got home.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I did for a long time .

I don't know when It started though .
Old 01-22-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I remember waking up in the morning and having a drink and going back to sleep.

I also remember putting wine in a water bottle and putting it in my backpack before I left for college.

I can honestly say that it was the darkest, most bleak period of my life...and I've been through a lot.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I never did. Regular drug and alcohol testing in my job.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

never thought of that..

I never even thought of having to be tested by your employer because my menial job didn't require it. Why I remember first time and my age..is because I knew I had just crossed a line. Only 23 then, not knowing I would be crossing many, many more lines with my alcoholism before I turned 45.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I was probably 23 also. Like so many things I knew it was bad but I didnt care. What I found out was neither does booze. A few years later I got to where if I drank before work I was then calling into work cause that was "fun".......the truth was it was because if I drink all bets are off.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I had my usual 2-4 morning beers before a lot of Monday morning law school classes during the end when it was getting pretty bad. It's a despondent feeling being surrounded by high achievers when you yourself are in the pits of a hellish addiction.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I never drank before going to work but did many times and then decided to not go to work that day, and sometimes repeat the day after! Some of my most awful shameful memories since I love my job... OMG
Old 01-22-2014, 09:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I don't remember. I guess it was over a year about. I can really remember the days when I didn't go to work after throwing back a few because that's how I am now. No drinking in the morning. It seems like just a bit ago it was like this. But no, there was at least a 18 months in there where I was drinking before work. I would drink a shot or two and leave the house. I would not bring anything with me because my job was demanding. I knew things were getting back about 9 months ago or so and that's when I switched to pints and half pints. There was a pattern to the madness. I knew that if I got myself a pint, it would be enough to get me through the night and I'd have some left over for insomnia and maybe a shot to have before leaving the house.

And if there wasn't anything left in the morning, oh well. I'd just go straight into work without anything. As bad as things were at the end, I was hyper aware of my problem so even in my drunk, depressed and mess-up state, I had succeeded in moderating my drinking a little bit. When I was indulging, I'd always have a big bottle around.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

The huge bottle was my thing. Then I started buying 2 of those at a time. It was never ending and just kept getting worse. There seems to be absolutely no end to how much I can drink only breaks for passing out. Bingeing is bingeing no end until I end the binge...that crap was crazy man. One time I drank an entire month solid. I enjoyed bingeing alone. I locked myself inside cuz u also start getting paranoid I think.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I don't know exactly why I did it the first time. It wasn't a withdrawal problem to calm my nerves. I felt a very minor buzz that day when I got out of bed, and I saw an open can of Four Loko barely touched and I drank it. Something told be "you know what would be cool?", so I followed along. This was in my early drinking days....

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
I remember waking up in the morning and having a drink and going back to sleep.
Later on, with my last binges, I would usually wake up and drink what I had left like Tetra stated ^^^. I was depressed though and would rather sleep as much as possible then face the day, and this helped.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I did at one of my jobs when I was in my 20s. I was drinking beers before I left for work and it was around Christmastime and one of my first customers had a price issue with a Christmas tree and all I kept praying was that my boss didn't smell the alcohol.

I'm ashamed of pretty much anything like this behavior now.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My drinking before work started about 1 1/2 years ago and that is the same time I started drinking during work. Sad & crazy time.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

If I had a bad hangover, I would often have a couple of nips before work. Followed by packets of extra strong mints.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by archenemy View Post
Hi! I know not easy to remember lotsa stuff when drinking alcohol everyday! But I was just wondering...Does anyone else out there remember FIRST TIME you had a drink before going to work at your job? I remember everything about that day because I swore I would never do it. But I did. I was trying to get rid of my wicked hangover. I couldn't call in sick at my job. I was 23 yrs.old.
I never drank before going to work, because it was never fun for me to have a drink and then stop. I made up for it after work, of course.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I was a stripper so nooooo one cared, most did it, and I couldn't remember at all the first time. I think it was maybe a year into the job around when I was 21 and I could buy it myself. But, I really couldn't say. But 22 is when I met a guy with an alcoholic father and he thought it was normal to just chug wine as fast as you could and enjoy the buzz. I thought it was weird but I remember him pushing it at me, "Just do it". I did it. I realized after a bit that I enjoyed it. I count that as when I became addicted to alcohol. Doing that constantly (because he was a clinger). I took the habit with me after that relationship and it was all downhill from there.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Fortunately I never drank in the morning. Probably would have sent me down the slippery slope in no time.

As others have said, I made up for it at night. In the morning I just suffered the hangover and went about my day, looking forward to another night with the bottle.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:56 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by archenemy View Post
Absolutely. I did it a lot. Especially because my work bag is where I hid my rum. Would also reschedule and or blow off numerous appointments because I was drinking. Thank god I was never called on it. And luckily I work alone
Old 01-23-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Pure Radio Rental

Don't remember the first time.
But yeah, I did it. I was so bored at the job I had at that time. But that's no excuse now.
I used it then.
Real responsible, eh?