Notices

Round 101

Old 01-20-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Round 101

I got to lick this soon, I quit for 2 ½ years, then thought maybe my business had declined because I was sober, I was content with not drinking, most things in my life were much better.

It took a few months of this stinking thinking before I picked up, and now I can’t put it down, 6 months later and still getting worse off, I am in this runaway car and just looking for a good place to jump out, even though I know it will hurt like H3ll, I got to stop.

I don’t post too much, I’ve seen the typical replies, but I am near bottom again, sucks that you need to near that bottom to get serious (sneaky thoughts, 1 more, you can handle this, etc…)

I am not as moody, mean or loveless as I was when I quit before, but I feel it coming, I got to beat this, once and for all.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back SB

I don;t actually think you need to be near bottom to make a decision at all - it's just that many of us want our cake and eat it too.

Sometimes you just have to admit you've had more than your fair share of cake...

You can make the decision to quit anytime I think SB. I wish I had, years earlier......

D
Old 01-20-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hi Something Better....Glad you are here & sorry you are feeling like you do....stick around here & read & post;
Old 01-20-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

things got away from me again too. I couldn't even get a day for a while. somehow I have four now so glad about that. Took what it took for me to stop again. not easy Im sure you know. it really is easier to stay stopped than to stop again. And I still crave, but think about other things. Do what I know to deal with the cravings and thoughts to go drink and use. Its crazy. Its gonna get harder but whatever. it was funny. I was not able to sleep so well last night. Was restless and having a nightmare but still like half asleep. Im wondering to myself why can't I relax and am unsettled. I reminded myself that I am going through withdrawal and of course Im not going to be comfortable right now. it was odd really. Its the dreams when I stop that are troubling to me often. They can seem so real and disturbing.

hope you can get back on track. For a while I couldn't get even one day. I was posting stuff here on my blog the past week before I stopped a few days ago. I have been having such a hard time for a while. I know all I have to do is stop drinking and my life will start to get better. I was loaded at the time. Wondering why I couldn't stop. take care.