Notices

Youngest child has flown the nest

Old 01-23-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Originally Posted by ciscowhiz View Post
One of the greatest gifts my parents gave me was their assistance to finish college and i'm forever grateful. It sounds like you did a good job raising your children, Kate.
Well, not so good at trhe beginning, but eventually I did my best xxx
Old 01-23-2014, 05:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KateL View Post
My son went away to university today. I was a terrible mother when my kids were little and they were the ones that I needed to make amends to. I had a tough young life with no education or prospects. I wanted things to be different for them. It has been a tough few years whilst they have had tantrums, thrown phones at the wall, cried, called me a pushy parent, stressed over exams, got me into debt with tutors and fees and generally been a pain in the arse. Now, one will have her degree by next December and the other, the following December. The house tonight is quiet and a bit lonely but I am happy. I am happy because my kids have left with the tools to build a life. Had I continued to drink, they would probably have left because of that. It is a good lonely. But not for long. I can get on with my work in peace, go out and about, enjoy my own company (which I really don't mind.)

Bye for now kids and hello new life. Of course they will be home from time to time with piles of dirty washing. My children are gone and it is quiet. But I am one happy bunny. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
That's so wonderful to hear, Kate! I know you've overcome a lot and have done the best you can for your kids. Obviously you're doing something right. Kudos to you. Enjoy the silence!