Notices

Suggestions?

Old 01-15-2014, 06:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Suggestions?

Seems people are getting pissed at me all over the place. I am sooooooo Pissed off. Really. I am supposed to be the pretty tall perfect person and I am about lose it! I cannot be perfect all the time! I am tired and I'm learnig and I'm so nice to people. Why can't they be nice to be me? I'm so tired.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What do you mean by you are supposed to be pretty and tall? No one is perfect, and people should respect that. Are you drinking?
Old 01-15-2014, 09:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well, I'm not pissed off at you. We don't know each other, but I know how it feels to not be liked. As far as needing to be pretty and tall - I have many friends who are actors and models. They don't look anything in person like they do in a picture or in the movies. Even they will tell you, after a while it gets tiring trying to act perfect all the time. The ones who stay successful are the ones who don't care what other people think anymore. I'm sure you look just fine as you are! Hope you feel better.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Originally Posted by MrArtist View Post
Well, I'm not pissed off at you. We don't know each other, but I know how it feels to not be liked. As far as needing to be pretty and tall - I have many friends who are actors and models. They don't look anything in person like they do in a picture or in the movies. Even they will tell you, after a while it gets tiring trying to act perfect all the time. The ones who stay successful are the ones who don't care what other people think anymore. I'm sure you look just fine as you are! Hope you feel better.
Couldn't agree more. No one is perfect and tryint to live up to perfection is impossible and detrimental - for me anyway xxxxx
Old 01-16-2014, 03:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

We teach people how to treat us.

If you are drinking, maybe stop. I know for me those 12 steps helped change my perspective on life and others.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Kayla,

It's a huge pressure when we think others expect or need us to be a certain way. Here at SR I've seen a lot of people who care about you and respect you. We don't need you to look a certain way or be a certain height, or be any particular definition of "perfect" that someone might have.

How someone treats another person has everything to do with the person doing the treatment, not the person who is receiving the treatment.

Repectful people treat others with respect. Mean/angry people treat others with anger. Selfish people treat others selfishly. We are who we are, it has nothing to do with how others choose to behave themselves.

It can be very exhausting trying to be a person we think others want us to be, trying to act in ways that will guarantee we will be treated a particular way...it's exhausting because it doesn't work. No matter what we do, they will think, feel and want what THEY do, because they are their own people and we don't control them.

And we do the same. Some days everyone is nice and understanding to me and I still feel sad or angry or hopeless. I got angry at my BF last night over Valentine's Day, which is a month away! It was all about me, he had done nothing to deserve it.

Big hugs.