Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

OMgosh, I want a glass and/or bottle, of wine so bad....

Notices

Old 01-14-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am having issues with my hubby and ex-husband pulling me in 2 different directions...I have been crying for an hour and it's not helping....
I have been doing so well not drinking...this is the first time I have really WANTED to pick up a drink again.
I am at work, so there is really no chance of me having one, but gosh...
When I get off, I have to go and make dip for bunco. There will be lots of wine there too, but I have already prepared myself to abstain there...it's this big problem that is getting me!!!

I promise I am not going to drink, but damn....

Just needed to tell someone how I was feeling I guess
Old 01-14-2014, 12:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't re live the hell

Alcohol won't help , but will sure hunt .
Old 01-14-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Don't listen to your addict voice trying to get you to drink. Ignore that voice. Tell it to stfu and go away. You don't want to drink.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

What's bunco and what's so important about it that you can't skip it?

Check for H.A.L.T: hungry, angry, lonely, and tired. You sound angry. Find a way to defuse it.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I flet like having a drink every time I had a row with my ex. It's horrible. Nothing is worth going back. Venting is good though ... carry on! xxxx
Old 01-14-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Bunco is rolling dice, it's a game. I would skip it, but I think being around my friends will help...

I am angry, but I guess more hurt than anything else!
Old 01-14-2014, 12:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I Can assure drinking will not make it better. I lived through my grams passing, A boyfriend dying of a heat attack, 6 hours before his son was to married, and a dysfunctional relationship with OUT a DRINK. It DOES NOT make things better. You ahve to push through the pains you WILL feel, is'nt that nice YOU can actually FEEL today,..those tears Are GOOD tears as well, very cleansing. Don't let you rEX or HUBBY Take away SOMETHING your fianlly dpoing GOOD for YOU!!! Take a minute at a time if you ahve too. Prayers are wiht you. Hugs too.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

YOU don't want to drink, your cunning, conniving AV does. Tell it to go slither back under the rock from whence it came.

I'm back after a 20 day slip & slide. Trust me, your sobriety isn't worth it.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Whatever the problem is, drinking will not help SC.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I also would like to add,....more.....when you Want to drink.....It's the devil of the decease. I've been sober for 23 years Praise God,..ALL "ONE DAY AT A TIME" and even after all those years just 5 months ago I had one helll of Want to drink. I then relized it's my BF and his alcohlism,..that made me jealous, evnvious, anger, hurt and the paln Ole' I dont' give a F--k attitude,.. I rambled to myself for 2 hours to get past it. I fought liek crazy..saying you SOB devil.....get out of me..YOU ARE NOT GOING to win, I fought FOR my life literially...becuase I knw If I pick up a drink... I WILL be goner. Everything in my life..My home...My job will be gone Faster then I can say GOODBYE to it. Alwasy know When those feeling I Want to drink...is not you the devil (decease) is taking control of YOUR emotions,..and giving you that feeling like YOU want to drink. Fight it like a SOB.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I did it!!! I went to Bunco, amongst a LOT of wine, and drank water!!! I had a blast with all my friends!
Old 01-15-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I stopped going to my Bunco monthly gathering as it is WAY too much wine despite the fact that there are friends and great food. It may have worked this time but I would really caution you about putting yourself in situations where friends are drinking and where alcohol is available until you are feeling much stronger on the inside as well as the outside. I'm just over a year sober and I do not put myself very often at all in situations where I know alcohol will be present. It just isn't a place this alcoholic should go. This I've learned about myself....the hard way
Old 01-15-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

My husband still drinks, so there is alcohol available at home...I see your point though!