Notices

Dig in your heels , get tough !

Old 01-11-2014, 04:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
Well, let's say you and I, we'll agree to disagree with whether your only mad at alcohol, lol.

Good enough , Im not really mad at anything else
Old 01-11-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by karate View Post

I'm mad at it for all the trouble it caused me .
you said this in a previous thread:
"Its a choice , A drink cannot jump up and pour its self in your mouth ."

sooo, who or what really caused all the troubles?? wasn't it you that set the ball rolling? don't you have a part in it?

are you sure there isn't more than just alcohol yer angry at?
if its only alcohol,why?
Old 01-11-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

If you're mad at alcohol... Aren't you letting it have control over you? I mean, it still has the power to make you angry.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Pure Radio Rental

I can't get mad at something that is so good at what it does.
When I am weak I get mad.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Im doing what works for me ,I thought it might help someone else as well .

IMO -it should be viewed with contempt .
Old 01-11-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Karate, I think having feelings of contempt, and working thru those challenges is entirely different than creating contempt for use as an emotional tool to work against picking up a drink. The idea of working thru our emotions is so eventually we can be free of such negative pitfalls as contempt, for example.

Holding on to contempt will likely lead to the added creation of resentments, and we all know first hand where resentments take us, yeah?
Old 01-11-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by karate View Post
Im doing what works for me ,
I'm sorry Sir, but..

Didn't you relapse with a few shots Crown - not to long ago?

Reading all this tough talk reminded me of Mike Tyson

Not the coolest guy in the world..
Old 01-12-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Alcohol was just being itself. It was ME who abused IT.

never once did it sneak into my house, or down my throat (your experience may differ I DO know people's who had people force them to drink).

Any lies or fantasies or promises I had attached to alcohol were one's I put there. It made no promises to me. I used it to do things it never could or promised to do. To fill holes in my life it never could fill.

If I had to fight anything in sobriety it was my own tendency towards dishonesty and magical thinking. All I had to do with alcohol was walk away and not go back to it. The real issues were with me. And it was more of learning to discipline my thoughts when they got off track, redirect them towards reality. Fighting just kept me distracted, focused on empty issues, and gave the appearance that I was working hard...I found out I was really just running in place.

That was MY relationship to MY alcoholism.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:50 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dan Dare View Post
I can't get mad at something that is so good at what it does.
When I am weak I get mad.
Hot thread, while you may not agree with a lot of what is said here, thank you Karate.

I really like what Dan said here. When we get weak we get mad and when we are mad and weak at the same time well all bets are off when we pass the liquor store.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Sudz No More View Post
Hot thread, while you may not agree with a lot of what is said here, thank you Karate.

I really like what Dan said here. When we get weak we get mad and when we are mad and weak at the same time well all bets are off when we pass the liquor store.
Being weak and angry is not itself enough to lose that bet passing the liquor store. It would also take a willingness to want that drink, and its the wanting that is the important issue, not the anger and weakness. We make excuses and justifications for ourselves when we setup the possible scenarios of how we would or could get that drink. When we do so, we're actually making plans to drink, even though we also say to ourselves that we're committed to staying sober.

Its not always easy being honest with ourselves as we work thru are personal challenges. We want to remember where we have come from, and yet we also want to be on our way, and sometimes we can get ourselves stuck in our own drama.

Its way important we don't allow ourselves to talk ourselves down to what it would take to get us back to drinking. Its one thing to be honest with what works and what doesn't work for any of us; its an altogether different thing to set things up for future failure. Weakness and anger often go hand in hand, and these emotions are a normal cycle in a healthy psyche, and so its not the best move to believe such feelings in themselves spell out a trip to the liquor store.

Hey Sudz - awesomely well done on that one year you got going on now!! Congrats!!
Old 01-12-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

What ever you got to do Karate fellow whiskey drinker. The early part of this just sucks no matter how you go about it. I didn't use the fight analogy I was just too afraid to keep going so that's why I stopped. The fear carried me all the way to acceptance. It takes awhile to wrap your head around your drinking days being behind you. I knew from the start that's what I wanted but didn't understand that at an acceptance level until about 6 months. After you accept it you start thing "Good I don't ever want to live like that again."
Keep going forward Karate it's not always going to be a fight.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MaxxPower View Post
I'm sorry Sir, but..

Didn't you relapse with a few shots Crown - not to long ago?

Reading all this tough talk reminded me of Mike Tyson

Not the coolest guy in the world..
Whatever , if you don't have Somthing constructive to add ,
Why don't you just shut up .

It's obvious you don't like me , and I'm growing to dislike you .

Just put my posts on your ingnore list and go on .
Old 01-12-2014, 04:27 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by silentrun View Post
What ever you got to do Karate fellow whiskey drinker. The early part of this just sucks no matter how you go about it. I didn't use the fight analogy I was just too afraid to keep going so that's why I stopped. The fear carried me all the way to acceptance. It takes awhile to wrap your head around your drinking days being behind you. I knew from the start that's what I wanted but didn't understand that at an acceptance level until about 6 months. After you accept it you start thing "Good I don't ever want to live like that again."
Keep going forward Karate it's not always going to be a fight.

RIGHT ON !

Great day to be sober ,Had a bad day at work ,got there 2 hours late ,overslept . Then the projects are MESSED UP bad .

Will be an ass eating when big boss arrives Monday .

And im STILL glad im sober ,Life is great despite a few bumps in the road .

Can finally start back working out ,,,,,,,,,,,,GOOD .