Notices

My first time here

Old 01-09-2014, 07:30 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

@suki44883

Im not sure either, just got upset for some reason, am going to bed its 3,30am where i am. thanns suki feel a bit like an idiot, night
Old 01-09-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

my name is zac , im off
Old 01-09-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Well, I hope you'll come back, Zac. We really are a great and caring group of people. We may not always say what you want to hear, but we will always be honest. We have no reason to lie to you since, as you said, we don't really know you.

Get some rest. Come back refreshed tomorrow. We really do care. (((HUGS)))
Old 01-09-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

oh and im sorry if i offended anyone x
Old 01-09-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I don't think you offended anyone. I think we were just a little taken aback at the sudden change in temperament. We only want to help you, yanno. We have no ulterior motives.

Get some sleep. We'll all be here if you decide to come back.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I will be back nwill let you all know how my journey goes
Old 01-09-2014, 09:09 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Sounds like you don't have much of a problem yet, but if you keep up your current behavior it could end up a problem in the future.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:44 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I was also a 'binge drinker'. I only drank every couple of weeks, but when I did it would turn into a huge binge. I am 30, also have a college degree and also had a job. Although I wasn't drinking all the time, my binge drinking did result in me losing my job only a few weeks ago. It really does affect your mood and concentration even if you are making it through the day at work. It will eventually catch up with you. I would suggest maybe getting some counseling or maybe join an outpatient program. Like I said, I wasn't physically addicted to alcohol, but I was drinking in large amounts when I drank-and therefore I've decided to join an outpatient program. I start Monday. I think the support and learning coping skills will help me so much. Everyone is different so try a few things to see what works for you! And we are all here to help in the meantime!

Xoxo
Old 01-09-2014, 10:08 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi zimbob, such a mature head on young shoulders. I really wished I had looked at myself at your age, instead I drank and worked and regretted, embarrassed , blacked out for years before I realised this stuff is out of my control.
For goodness sake if it was carrots or chips I had to stop would I have a problem, nope. I'd just stop eating them if say, they gave me indigestion.

Alcohol sucks..
Old 01-09-2014, 10:30 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Loved your comment about loud music. I don't know, but I'm pretty sure from your chosen user name that you're a Bob Dylan fan. I can assure you that it's quite possible to enjoy loud music and concerts without booze. It also makes a night out a whole lot cheaper and probably therefore more fun.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:19 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

@ForMe423

Im similar, i drink roughly twice a week but when i drink i have a binge that can last a whole day. However the next two or three days i don't want to go near alcohol, then when i have recovered i normally go on another binge again. I dont think im physically addicted. Most the time i binge with other people, very rarely do i drink on my own.

@Suki44883

Day one havnt touched a drop, mainly because ive been working all day. Am working tommorrow but im on a morning and finish at 5, now im worried even know that if i want to see my brother or friends i will end up drinking and going on a binge again and i don't want that to happen. So will have to think of something else to do.

@endlesspatience

Im not a huge bob dylan fan but i do listen to his music. Eagles, chillipeppers, pink floyd, jimi hendrix, steve vai, ozric tentacles, joe satriani, led zepplin, queen, rolling stones, stone roses, dire straits. just to name a few bands. I also listen to a lot of old school metal and hip hop. also like jayz, tupac, rage against the machine. my music is very varied
Old 01-10-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

@forme423

how long do your binges last for? the most ive gone is three days, normally it can be two days for me if im very socially active.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

@endlesspatience

i think drinking really does add too music, in my experience i enjoy it so much more when im under the influence, i dont know why that is
Old 01-10-2014, 06:36 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi ZimBob!

I'm the same as you. 2-3 days depending on the situation. Sometimes there would be some coke or MDMA mixed in there and when I'd start to come down from that the drinking would get pretty heavy. Then I'd eventually pass out and when I woke up I'd feel so awful that I'd also stay away from drinking for a while. Then, of course, a celebration, holiday, or stressful day would come along and it would all start again. Ugh. It was terrible. My last binge was from New Year's Eve until the 4th. I haven't had a drink since the 4th and I'm finally starting to feel clear headed and normal again...and happy! Genuinely happy! If you need to talk I'm here for you. Sounds like we have a lot in common.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ForMe423 View Post
Hi ZimBob!

I'm the same as you. 2-3 days depending on the situation. Sometimes there would be some coke or MDMA mixed in there and when I'd start to come down from that the drinking would get pretty heavy. Then I'd eventually pass out and when I woke up I'd feel so awful that I'd also stay away from drinking for a while. Then, of course, a celebration, holiday, or stressful day would come along and it would all start again. Ugh. It was terrible. My last binge was from New Year's Eve until the 4th. I haven't had a drink since the 4th and I'm finally starting to feel clear headed and normal again...and happy! Genuinely happy! If you need to talk I'm here for you. Sounds like we have a lot in common.
I use to do coke and molly along with drinking too.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I always started with the drinking-then I'd eventually feel like the alcohol wasn't enough. I wanted to feel more! (Or not feel anything...I'm not quite sure which) So I'd usually end up getting drugs. Then the drugs wore off so I'd keep drinking. Then.....you guessed it.....more drugs.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:01 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I can relate. A couple of my big binges in the past have involved coke and other substances.

I have only taken it a couple of times. I had such an attack on my conscience and felt so ashamed inside of me that i swore never to do it again. As a result i havn't socialized with certain mates for a good year and i feel better for it. I would be lying if i said i didn't enjoy it at the time and really have fun.

You will tend to find it was the coke and not the alcohol that kept your binge going. I bet if you had of just been drinking it wouldn't have lasted that long. I have dabbled in lots so will only talk about that stuff privately.

You will still be tempted, just keep your wits about you, and thanks im here for you too
Old 01-10-2014, 07:01 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

@Forme423
Old 01-10-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ForMe423 View Post
I always started with the drinking-then I'd eventually feel like the alcohol wasn't enough. I wanted to feel more! (Or not feel anything...I'm not quite sure which) So I'd usually end up getting drugs. Then the drugs wore off so I'd keep drinking. Then.....you guessed it.....more drugs.
Yeah I usually got drunk and then would blow some coke or molly to keep me up. I wish I didn't do as much molly in particular.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

You're very right. The drugs definitely kept the binge going as long as it did. I'm a very tiny person so if I had just been drinking, it wouldn't have been long before I passed out. Actually, on the nights I didn't do drugs, I do believe I was the first to fall asleep!