Notices

Major panic attacks

Old 01-17-2014, 03:09 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
~sb

Maybe go to the ER and detox for a few days before outpatient?

hugs and love to you
Old 01-17-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
Maybe go to the ER and detox for a few days before outpatient?

hugs and love to you
Haven't been closely following this thread, but it sounds to me like this is truly what's needed. I know people often have reservations about taking a few days off for a hospital stay, but sometimes it's really necessary, and best. There's a lot to be gained, and a lot more to lose if that time isn't taken. One of my brothers fought big time not to go because of his responsibilities, fear of being "found out", and a bunch of other reasons. He finally surrendered and has been off pills for almost a year now. Forgot exactly what he was on, but he claims doing the detox thing was the best move he ever made in his life.

I'm not big on doctors and/or hospitals and rarely recommend them, but when coming off drugs and alcohol I believe they're sometimes essential.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:20 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
LDT

Towards the end of my spiral, my weight plummeted and my anxiety was so off the charts that it was affecting my heart. Going to the E.R. Was one of the best decision I've ever made. They've dealt with this situation thousands of times. In my case there was no judgement ( all 3 times I went ). I simply said " Im an alcoholic that has fallen off the wagon and I need your help, please." Please seriously consider going to the E.R.