Notices

Kudzu - any experience?

Old 01-05-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
waking down

Kudzu - any experience?

I've read about kudzu helping with moderation management, but not about helping with abstinence. It reportedly provides other benefits not related to alcohol, some of which interest me. Anyone have experience with kudzu? I would be interested in your stories and opinions.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Zero, Yes I have tried it, I sent away for it.
I still have half of an out of date bottle in my cupboard. It was expensive, i couldn't get it in Oz and had to get it from OS.

I cant say that I benefited that much, at the time I was motivated to stay sober and I was looking for any sort of support. My thinking at the time was this sounds good, a pill can do the work for me. It was about 4 to 5 years ago. I cant recall the other benefits.

I would say if moneys not a problem give it a try, it might work for you. Not so much for me.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
waking down

It comes to $10 a month for a recommended brand and reportedly has other health benefits, so I'll give it a try. They say you have to take it twice daily for awhile before feeling the affects - I don't know if you were doing that. Anyway, my wife will be leaving town for a few weeks in January and February, and I'm thinking that could be a challenging time. Day 12 and so far no desire. Started kudzu two days ago. I'm hoping I don't notice it, don't have any cravings, go through the bottle, and won't want or need it. Thanks for the input.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Supposedly it helps with cravings. My BF took it for about two weeks but didn't notice a difference. He left for rehab so he didn't continue with it.