Notices

Kindling effect

Old 02-21-2014, 04:14 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alphaomega View Post
Bump.

This is a great reminder to any of us who are abstinent and debating about trying moderation.

Thanks cabo.

I can successfully moderate for two, perhaps three hours. Sometimes. Hi AO...
Old 02-21-2014, 04:30 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EternalQ View Post
Yes there are many articles on it here is just one:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...09qwGcSSbaSO4g
I was just about to post this very article. It's very informative. Yikes! The last time I drank I drank only 1 bottle of wine whereas I usually drink 2. That night I was awake the WHOLE NIGHT with anxiety. I felt like my nerves were freaking out. I binge drank for several years. I'll just add that to the list of reasons why I should never ever drink!
Old 02-21-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I have read this thread before and, to be honest, it makes me all the more hell bent on never going back to booze. I hadn't heard of it before and it sounds bloody awful xx
Old 02-21-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Cabo - I am curious what your interest is in the Kindling Effect? I have seen you have posted about it a few times and genuinely curious. Is it the progressive nature of the disorder that intrigues you?
Old 02-21-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Every time I quit its easier than the last time .

Only way I can explain is im not drinking enough to be dependant .
Old 02-21-2014, 11:07 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by karate View Post
Every time I quit its easier than the last time .

Only way I can explain is im not drinking enough to be dependant .
Sounds you are channeling my AV. He says stuff like that..
Old 02-21-2014, 01:14 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I'm 26 and the hangover/withdrawal is the reason I evaluated my drinking. I would binge Friday/Saturday (2 bottles of vodka if I started on spirits or 30 lagers and wine if on the 'softer stuff'. The Sunday was a write off. Literally sat in my seat all day not moving before finally eating at about 9pm.

However I realised that the equivalent of a Sunday if I was on holiday or away was horrific, I couldn't function. My body would shut down and I could sleep for easily 16 hours. I would only get up to be sick then back to sleep again. Not fun travelling home by plan or by car with parents...

By the end my tolerance was nowt, I would achieve blackout by about 5pm yet I would still be going strong at 3am.

I'm grateful for this thread to remind me why I can't drink full stop.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:09 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Count me as one of the weekend bringers who experienced 2-3 day withdrawals every week that were getting progressively worse. The last I had scared me because the pain in my head was so intense, and I could hear my pulse coursing through my ears. The post drinking anxiety was getting unbearable. I honestly never want to go through that again. I can't believe I found a way to rationalize this for so long.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I've been sober for 6 months now and still experience insomnia and anxiety after being a six pack a day drinker for 3 years and even more on the weekends...and yes I have been to the doctor and had the million dollar checkup...things seem to be getting better but I just never knew alcohol can change brain chemistry that much because before I started drinking I never experienced anxiety ever but going thru this definitely guarantees I'll never touch another drink again