SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   So when people ask........ (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/318172-so-when-people-ask.html)

karate 01-01-2014 09:03 PM

So when people ask........

You don't drink ANY beer ?

I say "no they cost 1$ each ,Im not paying that ,Its just too expensive .

No -one including my semi-idiot co workers can argue with that point .

In-fact most seem to agree ,My wife although I went on all those bendors does not say much if I drink ,and keep it in check .

She said -You are not going to drink a beer ?, I said NOPE 1$ ,each ,im not paying that .

That's actually a big part of not drinking beer for me ,the cost .

Jsober 01-01-2014 09:11 PM

That's a good reason. I figured I wasted thousands of dollars over the years. After being sober for three years I know have saved thousands. There are many reasons not to drink for me- I put health towards the top of the list.

freshstart57 01-01-2014 09:31 PM

That is a good point, Karate, the money I saved over the last two and a half years has made a big difference to my cash flow and my standard of living. But the money I have now from not drinking is small potatoes compared to the other aspects of life that I now have, like a marriage, a job, a future, and self-respect again. I can't put a value on them.

This is what makes me say that even if all the booze in the world were free, I still wouldn't have any. Ever. Because of that self-respect thing. I can't drink and respect myself now, not even a single drink. I will never go back there.

karate 01-01-2014 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by freshstart57 (Post 4382147)
That is a good point, Karate, the money I saved over the last two and a half years has made a big difference to my cash flow and my standard of living. But the money I have now from not drinking is small potatoes compared to the other aspects of life that I now have, like a marriage, a job, a future, and self-respect again. I can't put a value on them.

This is what makes me say that even if all the booze in the world were free, I still wouldn't have any. Ever. Because of that self-respect thing. I can't drink and respect myself now, not even a single drink. I will never go back there.

I would not drink it either ,if it were free .

Its never actually free ,though .

Coldfusion 01-01-2014 09:33 PM

Karate, what will you do if somebody offers you a drink for free?

karate 01-01-2014 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Coldfusion (Post 4382153)
Karate, what will you do if somebody offers you a drink for free?

Why would you take it ,?

Itchy 01-01-2014 10:38 PM

Hey try the savings from quitting drinking three packs plus of smokes a day, and 30 plus alcoholic beverages daily 7 days a week? I have saved a ton of excuses too!

karate 01-01-2014 11:16 PM

I know it sounds silly ,But the 1$ a can really is an issue to me .

If it was something healthy ,or a positive ,id spend a buck ,But for non necessary things
Its an unreasonable price -imo