Notices

health condition

Old 06-16-2004, 07:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

health condition

Two years ago I went to a frat party and came home moderately wasted. When I woke up the next morning, I felt hung over. Same thing the morning after. This happened for an entire month... I never had headaches or anything, but I always felt "drunk" in the way that I had no center of balance and always felt like I was about to fall over. I went to a couple doctors who thought it might be allergies and stuff like that, but the pills they gave me didn't help at all. I finally felt better when I flew home after graduation; woke up the next morning and I was fine. It's as if it just went away on its own.

More than a year ago, I got loaded up again (I don't learn my lessons very well...) and the same thing happened. It hasn't gone away by itself yet, and I've been to an ear doctor, a neurologist, and a couple other doctors. I've taken diuretics, salt pills, Valium (by prescription), allergy medication... I've had MRIs and tons of other tests done and all the results say I'm perfectly healthy... except I'm NOT. I always feel hung over. I hardly drink at all anymore... maybe one beer a week, if that. I honestly am out of ideas as to what the hell is wrong with me.

Has anything like this ever happened to anyone else? If anyone has any info or thoughts about this I would really appreciate it.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

My mother had an allergy to alcohol..... she would go to drink a glass of wine and fall asleep (she could be woken, so it wasn't passing out) halfway thru it. One glass of wine. They said it was an allergy.

I'm sorry but I've never heard of your condition, but my mom proved that alcohol allergies are possible.

I hardly drink at all anymore... maybe one beer a week, if that
I think you've got the right idea there
Old 06-16-2004, 06:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This might be a long shot, but have you ever hear of Fibromyalgia? You feel hung over with headaches, we feel like we have the flu all of the time, headaches are included. It can be brought on by stress, and like you all of the tests come back normal. Your drinking fests might just have been enough to push you over the edge if you are predisposed. Do a Google search and maybe you fit the picture, hopefully not, it's a crappy illness to have and they are now realizing it is autoimmune in nature.