Notices

1 year sober two years with SR :)

Old 01-01-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1 year sober two years with SR :)

Good morning all, I just want to tell you to keep working it, it feels so great!! I have tried for 2 years to get sober. The first time I relapsed 6 1/2 months in and literally drank like I did before, which was very scary amounts! I have said this many times but I am thankful for SR. I truly believe now that it gave me the strength,tools,friendship,support and most of all the understanding of my alcoholism. I most definitely want to thank my January 2012 class. There are a few of us left but we still post when we can. They have been wonderful loving friends for two years. I have made so many friends outside of my class who are so supportive and awesome!! For those of you who wake up today and know you need to change something I recommend to hang around here because the support is at your finger tips. Even when I relapsed and kept drinking all those months, I never left SR which I believe if I did I would not be celebrating today. I also quit smoking 1year ago to which I believe it helped this time with cravings because I believe smoking was a trigger. You also have to find something to keep your mind and hands busy. That is a big one!! I made rings,hair clips, got into hula hooping(hooping dancing), and made own my hoops. So the key is to keep busy!!.....Much Love to you all, Thank You from the bottom of my heart!
Old 01-01-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nel thank you for this inspiring post.
I am so thrilled for you in your new life!
Old 01-01-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nel is my hero ! amazing, no going back.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, I also want to add that my husband still drinks several times a week and we have more alcohol in the house than when I was drinking! Just remember you are doing it for you and to make a healthy lifestyle change... I literally would say that to myself every time I open up that cabinet and see those bottles or when he drank (he does not drink to excess like I did).....So for you that live with people drinking you got to work twice as hard and just keep that frame of mind, its about your life, happiness, and health...You are doing it for you ...Onward & Upward♥...P.S. I posted my thread in two forums, hoping to inspire like so many have inspired me.