Notices

Completely Bagged

Old 01-01-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Completely Bagged

Ugh going on three weeks now and alwaysso tired, energyless and going to sleep all the time. Anyone else get this andhow long ittake before your energy levels were up to par again?

Happy New Year all
Old 01-01-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Total honesty here:quitting drinking did not cure my winter depression. I feel the blues this time of year regardless of my drinking situation. Maybe I need therapy. I take naps, eat right, stay in touch with good people, and try to be generous. I think it helps but, man, that depression is a b*tch.

Good work on the three weeks. Don't stop now, it just gets better, I promise. Concentrate on how much better it is right now without one of those pile driver hangovers. There is absolutely no aspect of drinking that helps depression in any way.

Happy New Year
Old 01-01-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It took me about 4 weeks before I felt my energy levels improving. About the same length of time for my sleeping patterns to normalise
Old 01-01-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yep. I was tired a lot early on. I found that sober tired was much nicer than drunk tired though. Just keep plugging along. You will regain energy.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was exhausted in early recovery. Sleep helps your brain to heal from all the damage you did to it.

I quit a lot of things at different times and was exhausted for months, but I think that had to do with quitting multiple substances.

About 8.5 months now and I feel a lot better, although I still sleep well at night and frequently take naps during the day.

I think how long it takes to get energy back really varies person to person. Healthy eating, a bit of exercise, lots of water and getting plenty of sleep will help your brain and body to heal and you WILL get better.