Notices

Toughest new years

Old 12-31-2013, 09:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Toughest new years

Wow what a tough New Years. Been sober for over 2 weeks and when everything was moving in a positive direction tonight was the most challenging night so far. My sobriety was really tested. My gf who I was prepared to leave as of two days ago begged me to stay and promised to make an effort to be a better significant other. She knows I'm battling the alcohol and hasn't ever done much to support me. When I first told her I was quitting she told me I was unrealistic. I'm alone on New Years and she was out of town visiting her parents since xmas which is a 3 hour drive from me. She was supposed to come back so we could spend New Years together but decided to stay in her hometown with her friends. I've been trying to call her all day and haven't gotten one pickup or response. I honestly thought she was gonna drive down and surprise me. Well turns out she's out with a bunch of people at a club and texts me as she's walking in (not even a call to check on me or even wish a happy New Years). So I sat at home thinking about what changes I can make for the new year. The GOOD news is I didn't give in and drink. I almost convinced myself that one glass wouldn't hurt. I fought it and stayed sober. Thank god for that and my dog who kept me sane through this craziness.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good 4 u!
Old 12-31-2013, 10:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Congratulations on maintaining your sobriety and a big pat to your dog for being such a great friend. You will not regret that decision
You sound like a young man and you have a sober life ahead of you with endless possibilities including getting a much nicer girlfriend.
Happy New Year
Old 01-01-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi and happy NY. When I finally plugged the jug I did it for me. Outside support is nice but they don't usually understand the concepts of the disease. I and many others find our support at meetings and to be among people who understand us and I understand. Many reject this concept and I wonder how their concept will be working for them in 20-40 years one day at a time as it's very easy to fall back into the old thinking processes.

BE WELL
Old 01-01-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

sorry man. but, you did the right thing. it gets better..
Old 01-01-2014, 05:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry to say this but your dog appears to be more loyal then your girlfriend.

Glad you stayed sober!
Old 01-01-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You made great choices . Keep on and think of all 2014 can bring you in sobriety

Btw, I totally agree with thepatman!!!
Old 01-01-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats man, sounds like anightmare, but you pulled through with help from Superdog by the sounds of it! Way to go!