Notices

To all my friends in recovery....

Old 12-31-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
recovering alcoholic

To all my friends in recovery....

Today is New Years eve here in the United States. I hope everyone has a wonderful, happy & fun New Years eve WITHOUT using or drinking. Just remember, relapse does not need to be - nor should it be - an option at any time of the year.

This is my 2nd New Years eve sober. Last year was ruff because I was in early recovery. But I got through it! This year I am strong, happy and having a blast being sober!

At my house we are going to bring in the New Years with a few family members and friends - some of whom are sober partners from a few groups - and we will have pizza and non alcoholic beverages such as coffee, Iced Tea, Diet Pepsi (my drink of choice now) and we will have wonderful time celebrating the New Years Clean & Sober.

For me - and I will keep "us & you" to "me & I". I am having a blast in my sobriety. I will Surround myself with fun, sober people. Sobriety partners, church members, family members... and have fun, clean & sober & safe New Years eve.

Talk to ya next year!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Magsie

Happy New Year, Dave H, from windy United Kingdom, my first sober one in years.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
recovering alcoholic

Good for you, Mags1.I love you people in the UK! I would love to visit London sometime. Be safe!
Old 12-31-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Magsie

It's certainly a good place for a visit, pick a bit warmer month though, lol, a bit cold at moment.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Thank you! This will be my 6th, my first was probably rough too, I was just a week and a half sober. Tonight I'll be bbquing at a friend's house and helping my 4 year old throw confetti and toot horns and bang pots and pans at about 8pm, pretending it's midnight

Also.. for those of you going out for "one more night" before a new resolution to get and stay sober, please please be careful, a lot of those over the top last benders end up quite badly.

It's just another night Be safe out there!
Old 12-31-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Pure Radio Rental

I wish 2014 to bring much good health, serenity, peace and contentment to everyone here.

D.D.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the positive post Dave! Happy new year to you and your familly/friends!
Old 12-31-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by flutter View Post
Thank you! This will be my 6th, my first was probably rough too, I was just a week and a half sober. Tonight I'll be bbquing at a friend's house and helping my 4 year old throw confetti and toot horns and bang pots and pans at about 8pm, pretending it's midnight

Also.. for those of you going out for "one more night" before a new resolution to get and stay sober, please please be careful, a lot of those over the top last benders end up quite badly.

It's just another night Be safe out there!
This will be my first. Been sober for 1 day going on 2. I had a pretty bad 3 day bender after Christmas (had no work or anything to do, and it just sort of all unraveled on me) and vowed that this is the time to stop. I was going to wait until after New years, but I think you're right, the chance of another bender seems high.

Thanks for this thread guys. Good reading as I sweat/shake it out here.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

A Happy New Year to everyone on SoberRecovery, hope all your wishes come true in 2014.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Happy New Year Dave H, this is my first sober New Years since 1993! I'm alone so it will be a little tougher but all in all I'm content! I'm praying 2014 is better than 2013 at least in my situation. I plan to stay on this site for as long as I can stay motivated.....11 Days sober so far!