18.92%
No
81.08%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Did you drink/drug New Years Eve 2013

Old 01-03-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

No, not even close. I'll have 17 mos also but not til the 20th. My daughter was sick so we missed our sober party but even so it was a nice NYE and thankful to be free of anything outside responsible for making it that way.

Happy New Year!!
Old 01-04-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

This was my first NYE sober in 18 years, and therefore my first hangover-free NYD in 18 years. My gratitude is still spilling all over my 21 day sober, pink cloud self .
Old 01-04-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Absolutely not. Had no desire to. It was no big deal for me, just another evening at home with my H and 3 dogs.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:05 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chiquen81 View Post
No, i had sparkling organic cider. It was hard for me, but I just took my medication and cider and went to bed at 9:30. I am so glad I did that.
You appreciate cider is an alcoholic drink? As opposed to apple juice, which isnt.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrTumble View Post
You appreciate cider is an alcoholic drink? As opposed to apple juice, which isnt.
Are you in the UK? There is plenty of cider here in the US that is nonalcoholic. Most cider, in fact.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

WTG owllie...
Old 01-04-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
Are you in the UK? There is plenty of cider here in the US that is nonalcoholic. Most cider, in fact.
Yes, Im English... and I wish you guys would start using the English language properly (kidding - didnt realise that cider was now used for apple juice in the US, learn something new everyday...)
Old 01-04-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

It was my 22nd sober New Years eve, God willing there'll be many more.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:48 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Interesting. It didn't even occur to me that I should be drinking on New Years.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrTumble View Post
Yes, Im English... and I wish you guys would start using the English language properly (kidding - didnt realise that cider was now used for apple juice in the US, learn something new everyday...)
No, it's not used for apple juice, that is something different. In the US, we have Apple Cider that is non alcoholic and not the same at all as Apple Juice we can buy. We can also buy Hard Cider at the store or bar.

I've been drunk-free for over a week now, though I did have a 2drinks NYE and 2 last night at Disney on Ice with my daughter.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I had a wonderful New Year with friends and family. We played many games, watched the ball drop and got all caught up with the new news in each other's lives. I only had 3 shots and kept everything in control, so I still get to keep my sobriety date. Here we go on year 3 of sobriety.

The best news is that my wife and I got a house just before midnight. What a year.:
Wedding, Vacation in Mexico, New Car, New Job and New House.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Yes I did, but nothing since
Old 01-05-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hi Nickand...um, am I missing something here? You had 3 shots and still get to keep your sobriety date of 3 years sober? How does that work? Congrats on all the other business in your life.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:45 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MaidenNZ View Post
Hi Nickand...um, am I missing something here? You had 3 shots and still get to keep your sobriety date of 3 years sober? How does that work? Congrats on all the other business in your life.
A lot of people quit the DRUNK side of drinking - The habitual addict side of drinking. Sober in Nicand's sense may just mean he is in control and enjoys it responsibly.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

No, I never drank on New Year's Eve!

I had a lovely time, went out to dinner with some women from AA, and then we went to a bar...I know! I know! I was like, 'Are you NUTS?", but that's what they wanted to do. Not my idea, but I rolled with it and did fine. Expect the unexpected - I am WORKING on my sobriety daily - I deal with things as they come up. Then I came home and logged into an online recovery site that was doing a New Year's shindig. It was a great night!
Old 01-11-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Robertstone View Post
A lot of people quit the DRUNK side of drinking - The habitual addict side of drinking. Sober in Nicand's sense may just mean he is in control and enjoys it responsibly.
Any excuse works as well enough as any other for having a couple of drinks or shots of whatever, you know, but then claiming to celebrate an ongoing sobriety along with the shots is absurd.

Your declared justification for what you suggest is Nicand's sense of responsible sobriety speaks volumes on your own appreciation and understanding of being on a sober recovery forum, Robertstone.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:08 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Originally Posted by Robertstone View Post
I believe that is called moderating. Something non-alcoholics can do with ease. A sobriety date would therefore be a nonsense.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:42 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I suppose we all have our definition of sobriety. Personally, I define sobriety as the complete abstinence of alcohol intake. It's easier that way for me. Looking at Nicand's definition would make me think I am 90% non-alcoholic and 10% alcoholic which is too confusing
Old 01-13-2014, 12:01 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

sober red rover

yay!!!!!!!!!

v
Old 01-15-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Why all the harshness of others and so much energy over some else's definition of such a subjective term?

Happy New year to all.