Notices

U want a dog... Fine, then im drinking!!

Old 12-29-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Congrats on the 50 days and making it past a trigger like that. Well done. I am the dog lover in our family as well. He claimed to want dogs when I married him. It took 15 years but I finally bought one and he was upset just like you. Being able to have a pet can be a big deal for some of us.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

004.jpg

My two best friends....dogs are cool. Oh and they won't **** up a house nearly as bad as drinking will.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I can relate here as I have been known to drink at people a lot in the past. I've also had a spouse make home altering decisions without consulting with me and they did cause resentments. People are right, resentments are toxic sometimes most to the people carrying them. I also recommend AA, there is no situation a drink won't make worse.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Originally Posted by Brian316 View Post
I can relate here as I have been known to drink at people a lot in the past.
Love that.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

In order for me to stay sober I had to go to AA. My wife and I had to finally learn to respect each other. Al-Anon helped her learn this and AA helped me learn to respect myself and other people.

Also dogs are awesome. Lock you wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for an hour and see whose happy to see you when you come back. Lol
Old 12-30-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by MB8 View Post
I hope it's not just me. MB8
First congrats on your time, and second, definitely not just you! It takes a long time to retrain thought patterns. As much as I despise the person that I was and have no desire to drink it's still perioidically the first place my head goes when I'm angry or upset. I'm 7 months in now and it is getting to be less and less but oh yeah, it definitely still goes there.

The big plus is that you recognize that and you're dealing with it.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:25 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Originally Posted by redneckrecovery View Post
In order for me to stay sober I had to go to AA. My wife and I had to finally learn to respect each other. Al-Anon helped her learn this and AA helped me learn to respect myself and other people.

Also dogs are awesome. Lock you wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for an hour and see whose happy to see you when you come back. Lol
Yes respect is a two way street and balance is of the essence. I used to let people walk all over me because of my guilt as they had never attended Al anon or anything like that. My guilt led me to give carte blanche and allow myself to become a scapegoat. There must always be that balance. x