Notices

Drunk People...

Old 12-27-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drunk People...

How did I end up out for Hibachi... with a bunch of really drunk... no, WASTED in-laws? Wow... Dinner and a show. I'm really REALLY embarassad right now. Oh god....this is SOOO bad. Can I just hide under the table??? So incredibly happy to be sober. Holy hell... anybody else ever been in a similar situation??

Never had Hibachi... is it a "drunk thing"? I didn't know they'd all be drinking like that. I would've never gone. I'm trying so hard to stay away from all that. Then I have a whole table of drunk people accusing me of being pregnant. WTF.

Well, I guess the good news is- I didn't drink! Not only that, I didn't really feel like I was "missing out". ::::cringing::::: ::::palm to forehead::::
Old 12-27-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's an amazing drunk bubble, scary to see it from the outside for the first time huh?
Old 12-27-2013, 07:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey now... I did all my wasted shenanigans at appropriate places... Like dive bars and at home. Not at FANCY places!!! LOL

I mean... I didn't act like that ever. Right??? I don't remember being like that... Was I? Did I? OH NO!!!! Maybe I DID!! I DON'T KNOW!!!

Yes, it really WAS amazing/scary to see it for the first time. You know when people are laughing AT and not WITH you?? Yeah... It's weird. The first time I went out to dinner sober (on my way home from rehab- stopped for food, then went to a meeting, then home) I could hear the people in the bar and I thought "God they're so loud and just talking total shlt. I wonder if they're driving?" I thought maybe they were just REALLY drunk, or amateurs or something.

Is that how it is?? Is that how we are?? Is that what we look like?? I'm going to pay more attention!
Oh god... so many painful moments tonight. Beyond.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

haha! you're hilarious. i can totally relate. i'm preparing to encounter similar misadventures with friends on new years eve. oy!
Old 12-27-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you stayed strong ESN

D
Old 12-27-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dunno about hibachi, but I've seen the bubble that could have been me many times. Yeah, it's pretty bad. The important thing is you stayed on the outside of the bubble...

Old 12-27-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

sometimes the chefs spray saki in your mouth without asking you first....watch out for that one
Old 12-27-2013, 08:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Cabo- No man is...whether he's wearing a chef's hat or ... unidentified liquids.. NO!
Old 12-27-2013, 08:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job at staying strong!!
Yeah, it's pretty crazy seeing it from the outside... almost inspiring for sobriety though!!

This time around I have yet to be around drunk people... but I already KNOW I was super obnoxious and annoying at times
Old 12-27-2013, 09:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well thanks guys... I didn't feel "strong". They took a limo together and I was invited to travel with them. I declined because...well... limos = booze. Right??

Honestly, I thought it was a "sushi thing"... The ONE TIME I don't google the unknown... Hibachi. Me, "Sushi, neet-o! I'm IN!". Yeah, no.

I was thinking, "I'm driving my own car and that's very sensible. Sushi is fast- I mean, they don't even have to cook it! In and out. I am making EXCELLENT choices- yay for me!" I even parked on the street, so I could bolt without waiting on valet. I had a plan! I was following ALL of my safety protocols. Good girl!

I didn't know there would be squirting chefs, flying food, great balls of fire, and that the whole table would be completely FREAKING FACED.... when I got there.

This begs the question; HOW is it "fun" to get your eyebrows singed, while being pegged in the face with FOOD, as some stranger in a hat shoots sake into your mouth- from a communal condiment bottle?!? The answer would be something like "drink this, and all will be revealed..." (queue maniacal laughter)

I guess if ever their was a test against my fortitude ^that'd be it??? Because that's the kind of stuff that happens...TO ME. Okay, maybe I was "strong". But, mostly... I was just totally confused. And VERY VERY embarrassed. SMH

Note to self- stay OUT of the bubble!! The bubble is not your friend!!!
Old 12-28-2013, 03:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

It is a weird but, good in a way, feeling. Not so long ago I had to rescue my friend from a bush in her front garden and I remember thinking, 'I'm so glad I don't do that sort of thing anymore x
Old 12-28-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Boy, I'm sure I did some ridiculous things and looked like a total fool at times when I was drunk. I'm sure I appalled many a sober person as well. I'm just glad I stopped all that and I'm glad you did too. You don't have to be an alcoholic to do stupid things while drinking. Such a glamorous drug.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

today I come into work and one of my coworkers is telling everyone he comes in contact how hung over he is and how much he drank last night like it's a badge of honor. This is a guy in his 40s. I was never that type when I drank since I was more ashamed then proud but with a few weeks sober it just sounds so ridiculous to me
Old 12-30-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Seen it often

I am just getting started. But it is sobering (in a word) to see what a bunch of drunks look like and wonder how often we looked that way. I just fell off the wagon myself, but got right back on. It's depressing, but pain is a great teacher. Best of luck to you.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Haha fools gold, that's so true!
Old 12-30-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Vet, I just fell off the wagon but like you, got right back on. As long as we never give up then I take that as a positive.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:38 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Thank you for the encouragement. I am back in the journey.....