Notices

Need advice

Old 12-26-2013, 10:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need advice

In my 20's. No drinking in the morning, blackout at night.
My hands shake so bad when I am not drinking, so much so that I cannot pick up my glass for the first drink. My head alwaysf feels weird and fuzzy, but I was like that before I started drinking.
I used to drink all day but when I did not have alcohol one morning and my body started seizing. So, I've cut it back, but not enough.
At my lowest I fainted/passed out outside and had to go to the hospital for stiches.
I don't want to quit, but I also don't want to shake.
How do I find the will to stop?
Old 12-26-2013, 10:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Excuse - welcome

Support was vital for me - I knew I couldn't do this on my own. You'll find a lot of support here, and a few ideas on where to find face to face support too.

Detox can be tricky, even if you've managed to pull through before.
Do consider seeing a Dr for some help too.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

YOU are so Young, compared to MANY of Us-If You can Stop this Spiral Soon, It is all the BETTER for YOU-This site is a GREAT PLACE to Start and Perhaps More research may be Invaluable for You-

Alcoholism is a HARSH Disease-The more Information You can find, the Better Off You will be to Combat this Affliction.

Alcohol Does NOT care about You, Your Dreams or Your Health-Find ANY Resource Available-There are MANY Individuals who have the SAME Experience and are MORE than Willing to offer Help...PLEASE Do Not give up...
Old 12-26-2013, 10:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Once things started going bad for me with booze, they just kept getting worse. I was never able to achieve that comfortable buzz that alcohol provided early on. So I drank more to try & find it again. I have no reason to try & convince you to quit, I'll probably never meet you face to face. I just want you to know how fortunate you are to even be considering recovery this young.

Good luck, keep coming back here!
Old 12-26-2013, 11:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks you guys.
I never get hangovers or vomit so it has been easy to tell myself that I am fine. However, more and more I see the other side effects. And I hate it.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Best advice? Go to a doc and be completely honest.
Once you start getting serious withdrawal symptoms like seizures and shakes they only get worse and its a tricky balance between too much or too little alcohol.
A doc will be able to take do some check and safely get you detoxed without too much discomfort.

Take care of yourself!
Old 12-27-2013, 12:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Please do exactly what Twinings said above. Then do exactly what your doctor tells you to do. Then go to AA listen to what they have to say' and consider it well.

All the best to you.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

There is no shame in getting help and in my experience doctors etc are very understanding and fully aware of our condition. If more people sought their help it would be less of a strain on resources in the end so they see it as positive. I used to have fuzzy heads etc at your age, even before drinking and perhaps this contributed to my consumption. I had panic attacks etc which only got worse over time with the alcohol. You can get better. Best of luck to you xxxx