Notices

Merry Christmas and Thank you

Old 12-25-2013, 01:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Merry Christmas and Thank you

I just wanted to take the time to tell each and every one of you how much you and this message board mean to me.

I am in AA, I have a sponsor, I have almost completed the steps. I go to meetings, I have a home group and I do service work. I am working the program. I hit nine months yesterday.

That said, I would not be where I am if it was not for this board. I have mentioned this place to my sponsor and to a couple of others and while they have never disapproved, they just don't understand or they just don't get it.

I come here every morning. I read and offer suggestions if I feel what I say may help another person. I get support and I can offer mine. It is one of the many things that keeps me sober. While I may never hear your voices or see your faces, you have all become as familiar to me as the people I see at the meetings. I know if I call all the people I have for support and for some reason there is no one on the other end of the phone, there will be someone here on the other end of my screen. It gives me great comfort knowing I can get help, I only need to reach out and ask for it. Today I am willing to do whatever it takes to remain sober.

Next month I am doing my first mini-lead/topic. My sponsor asked me to speak at her home group. It is their anniversary. What an honor. This is my BB meeting and while I am not a member of the home group, I attend every meeting.

I am so very grateful to everyone that has walked with me on my journey and each of you, whether you have been here since day one or you just joined today, are a very important piece of my recovery and I thank you.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas day with many blessings of family and friends to help you enjoy this holiday season.

And for those that do not have family or feel you don't have friends, we are here. We are always here, day or night. It is a 24 hour, 365 day revolving meeting. While the members may move in and out through out the day, the message never changes. It never closes and if you reach out there is always someone that is going to represent that light at the end of the tunnel. That light is Hope.

I love you all and Thank you.

Tina
Old 12-25-2013, 01:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Merry Christmas GracieLou
Old 12-25-2013, 03:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas.
Old 12-25-2013, 05:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing GracieLou. That gives me encouragement as a newcomer here. And a Merry & Blessed Christmas!
Old 12-25-2013, 06:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Merry Christmas !! And thank you for being you.
Old 12-25-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Merry Christmas GracieLou! I love your post
Old 12-25-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Merry Christmas GracieLou. Now that we quit Windsor must have had to lower production.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank YOU! I appreciate your insight and wisdom. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with joy and love.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you for your post. What a beautiful thought out letter. Merry Christmas and I feel the same about the boards. I am almost at 6 months sober, and I need this you all so much to make it. God bless and keep you.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have mentioned this place to my therapist and gotten the same reaction as you got…she's insistent that I stick with the tried and true, and uninterested in learning about a new format. Having a place to check in 24/7 is priceless…I consider all of us the lucky avant-garde addicts…
I owe a huge portion of my sobriety to all of you! Merry Christmas Gracie Lou and all my SR peeps!
Old 12-25-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jaynie04 View Post
I have mentioned this place to my therapist and gotten the same reaction as you got…she's insistent that I stick with the tried and true, and uninterested in learning about a new format. Having a place to check in 24/7 is priceless…I consider all of us the lucky avant-garde addicts…
I owe a huge portion of my sobriety to all of you! Merry Christmas Gracie Lou and all my SR peeps!
There is no one path to recovery. I say do what works for you and makes you happy. This place has been invaluable to me. Thanks, all for your support!
Old 12-25-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Merry Xmas!!

"Tried and True"?? . . . what in her textbook written 20yrs ago? . . . I'd assure her that many people have TRIED out online Forums for support and are TRUELY sober this Xmas as a result!!
Old 12-25-2013, 09:03 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I couldn't have said it better Tina. I actually use SR as my sole recovery method and if all goes as planned should have a year under my belt in a week or so. Thank you and everyone else for your contributions, whether you have 1 day or 40 years of sobriety -everyone helps. Happy holidays to all!
Old 12-25-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by purpleknight View Post
Merry Xmas!!

"Tried and True"?? . . . what in her textbook written 20yrs ago? . . . I'd assure her that many people have TRIED out online Forums for support and are TRUELY sober this Xmas as a result!!
I agree. She is only 50 and I find her dismissiveness about learning about other approaches narrow minded... (then again I had to hear about how her husband told her he loved her curves in bed last week when I saw her). Guess what I have on my New Year's list…um, yup, find a new therapist!

SR is my only support. If I feel that I am struggling I will amp it up with face to face but I am happy and content right now.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas all! SR is also my only support (other than family). Where else can we go 24/7 for moral support and guidance? I wouldn't trust anyone who knocks any recovery program!
Old 12-25-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

My therapist wants me to do AA and I had the exact same reaction from her when I told her AA didn't work for me in the past but SR is literally keeping me sober.

Jaynie - the curve thing has a creep factor that is borderline transference.

Ick.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Sorry guys…I perhaps should have said "methods she is familiar with" instead of "tried and true". Typing while surrounded by raging attempts to get AA batteries into toys a bit out of my normal environment. Gracie Lou, didn't mean to derail thread.
Old 12-25-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by silentrun View Post
Merry Christmas GracieLou. Now that we quit Windsor must have had to lower production.
LMAO, I think you may be right. I am sure they felt the pinch...LOL

Gracie Lou, didn't mean to derail thread.
No worries. You did not derail. It was what you needed to share at the moment and that is always refreshing.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks. I needed to hear this. It's amazing how alone you can feel when surrounded by family when they drink like you used to.

God bless.