12.30%
No
87.70%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Did you drink Christmas Day 2013

Old 12-27-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Nope!

Was offered wine on Christmas Eve, but declined. Not even a pang of desire! And I have a new discovery for those of us seeking alternatives: Trader Joe's sparking pomegranate juice. Delicious!
Old 12-27-2013, 12:06 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

No, first time in probably 18 years! was relatively easy as i had offered to drive and was visiting my 5 month old niece. New Year is gonna be a lot harder.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

No, not even during the annual fight between my mom and brother! (They are both very similar with very outgoing personalities.) I drank pink lemonade and San Pellegrino instead. There are lots of great alternatives out there
Old 12-28-2013, 09:36 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Second sober Christmas! And this Christmas, I didn't even miss it.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

After about 2 weeks of Christmas shopping, hectic work schedule as everybody is trying to get stuff crammed in before the end of year all while sober, I opened a bottle of wine on Christmas Day and drank it. Then we went over my sisters house, and that's when it went off the rails. I got really drunk and was pretty hung over the next day. The upside is I haven't had a drink since Wednesday, and I'm going to try to get through this New Year's Eve party sober too (for the first time in years).
Old 12-29-2013, 10:13 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

It's officially 2 weeks and a day sober. After this weekend with family and alcohol around every corner, I reel like a pro! This feels good, no hangover...this is the start of a brand new world!
Old 12-30-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Pure Radio Rental

Congrats 1213 - I'm right there with you. My last drink was Dec. 15th. I just think back to how I felt that day, and how I feel now, and that makes any urge I might have much easier to fight off.

Another way I think is perhaps my liver, and whole physical self, is healing.
I also have been looking forward to going to sleep because I've been sleeping so soundly it's like I'm in a coma.

So, let's just say here's to today, another one without the chains of alcohol tied to it!

Peace,

D.D.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dan Dare View Post
Congrats 1213 - I'm right there with you. My last drink was Dec. 15th. I just think back to how I felt that day, and how I feel now, and that makes any urge I might have much easier to fight off. Another way I think is perhaps my liver, and whole physical self, is healing. I also have been looking forward to going to sleep because I've been sleeping so soundly it's like I'm in a coma. So, let's just say here's to today, another one without the chains of alcohol tied to it! Peace, D.D.
Dan, I certainly hope sobriety is still going well for you. I am like you, healing...actually started a liver detox on Monday, should be done by Saturday...looking forward to a clean liver and never trashing it again. Those hangover memories are not fond!!
Old 01-02-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I wanted to have fun so why would I drink?