Notices

Failed for the 20th time!

Old 12-23-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You don't deserve to drink. Drinking is a privilege reserved for folks who don't have this 'thing'. It's a hard truth, but there ya have it.

You can get relaxation and peace of mind without looking for it in the bottom of bottles. Trust the millions of us who looked there for years, if it was in there we would have found it by now.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I have tried and failed at least a dozen times. But I've learned something from every failed attempt. Most importantly, I have learned that no matter what, I will never be able to control my intake. Never. Also, the alcohol will not make my problems or stress disappear. It will only make everything worse.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Focus on those great health initiatives you have given yourself and remind yourself this when you get those cravings. It is not a reward if the prize is going to cause damage to you. Your Alcoholic Voice is all a big scam, it's a lie and you will only feel cheated later. The world's best snake oil wrapped up right inside your own head. Get out of it the next time it happens to you, get yourself to look from outside your conscience and see the lunacy of your own thoughts.

Don't glaze over and go into a trance, keep your senses and push yourself to make it far enough to shut the voice in your head up once and for all.

You can do it.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Then after blacking out twice in one weekend I come to my senses and dump it all out, ditch the bottles and promising myself and God I will not go back. I've been at this all summer... trying quit, being successful at it and then failing.
Orion - I am really glad you are here sharing your struggle to quit. Absolutely keep doing that. I struggled to quit, too. It was unbelievably difficult. You mentioned that
It is like a habit. It is a habit, and a tough one to break. Asking for help is the smartest thing you can do.

I needed to ask for help, too. I could not do it on my own. I didn’t know the extent of
My habit until I got well into 6 months sober. Having blackouts is serious, you might end up killing someone while driving or God only knows. I would get some personal help right away. You have to be honest about how much you drink; quitting on your own can be dangerous so make sure you check that out with your doctor 1st.

I was at that point of can’t quit/can’t NOT quit. I needed to NOT FAIL so badly that I checked myself into treatment, did everything that was suggested, and
Now I am 16 months sober! BE WILLING TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES and you can do it too.