Notices

30 Days today

Old 12-19-2013, 07:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

30 Days today

I guess I'm patting myself on the back. I'm 30 days today. It hasn't been nearly as bad as I expected, however, the holidays do make it worse because it seems that EVERYONE wants you to have a drink with them.

A lot of things have improved in the last 30 days. I actually sleep! Really sleep. The nice, dreamy, wake-up-feeling-good kind. I hadn't had that in years. Also, I feel much better. No constant stomach problems and no more "dysentery-sufferer" bathroom habits (hey, it's the small things! lol).

I once again feel motivated to do stuff, start new projects, and create. Things I had in my youth that alcohol took away. I don't regret stopping for a second and I sure hope everyone else here finds their way out of the fog like I did. I am constantly vigilant however knowing that the fog and darkness is just one drink away and I can never get too comfortable to forget that. The danger is always there and I'm not so arrogant to assume that it will never get me again.

I want to thank everyone here for all of their support. I really haven't posted a lot, however, I have checked in every day (several times per day usually). The support and motivation I found here was unbelievable and played a huge part in my small milestone.

I couldn't have done it without you and all I can say is "thanks".

- Me
Old 12-19-2013, 07:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go on 30 days hap!! :day1 It just gets better and better from here!
Old 12-19-2013, 11:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats! It sounds like you have a lot of reasons to be excited about sobriety!
Old 12-19-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations haveaproblem! 30 days is wonderful. Keep up the great work.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Be proud of yourself. Congrats on the 30 days.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

well done!!!!!
Old 12-19-2013, 11:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

I'll give you a hearty AttaBoy too, HaveaProblem. Well done on your thirty days. It is quite a feeling to feel that fog lift and motivation return, a new life beginning and an old one left behind.

I am constantly vigilant however knowing that the fog and darkness is just one drink away and I can never get too comfortable to forget that. The danger is always there and I'm not so arrogant to assume that it will never get me again.
This is your call of course, but from where I sit, you are entitled to believe in yourself, to believe that you will never drink again. If you come to this point, you will know a deep sense of relief that this misery really is all in the past. All you need to do is never drink. Believe that you deserve a life with none of this stuff that alcohol brings us. Onward!
Old 12-19-2013, 12:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
instant

Well done on your achievements
Old 12-19-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Well done, haveaproblem. Way to go!
Old 12-19-2013, 08:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=haveaproblem;4356070]I guess I'm patting myself on the back. I'm 30 days today. It hasn't been nearly as bad as I expected, however, the holidays do make it worse because it seems that EVERYONE wants you to have a drink with them

Haveaproblem,
Last November I Had had enough of me and my drunken life, gave in and just cried for help inside. I now believe my Higher Power was there within me and I was finally paying attention. After finishing my stay in Rehab on December 15th 2012 , My husband and myself were invited to a Sober Christmas Party. Though it was for the night I got back home. I was overwhelmed, to say the least, so I said go without me. Just socializing at all was too much.
This year I've gone to sober parties for Christmas & will be for New Years too. These parties are with the new friends that I've met through my AA/CA Meetings that I attend. We've already 'partied' together at picnics, bbq's, conventions, shopping, etc... I HAD NO CLUE I could and do have a FUN time without booze. AA says that We Are Not A Glum Lot, that translates to....we laugh are butts off, have a great time together, without any substances . I know I can be around folks who do drink because that is just part of Life. But to go to social settings where the purpose is TO drink. NO WAY.
I have choices in my life now, isn't that something?!! Bobbi
Old 12-19-2013, 09:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. Words can't express my gratitude.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations! That is an awesome milestone. Keep on, keeping on!