Notices

Jobs with alcohol

Old 12-19-2013, 04:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Pure Radio Rental

The main reason I come here is because it gives me all the proof to believe it is possible to obtain freedom. And in that proof there's an endless amount of education.
I know I'll be free for this fourth day in a row. That's really all I know.

Thanks, Dee and all.

D.D.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

I don't know if it would be wise to perhaps taste the liquor and then spit it out?
That would NOT be wise.

Go with your employer's descriptions or rely on your previous experiments.

I too work "in the industry" and I think tasting would be a horrifically slippery slope for anyone abstaining. This too is my livelihood and therefore there wasn't a choice not to do what I do, but I have lines I do not cross and failsafes in the form of people around me who will be real friends and not encourage me to do anything that's not good for me.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I meant my boss today and he seems to be a heavy drinker. He has a red nose and seemed a bit intoxicated as he was showing me on how will do the paperwork after the presentations. Hopefully, it will work out but I am getting a bad feeling about the situation.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Believe me, I understand about being very poor and willing to take on any honest job rather than get government benefits, I have been there, even did housekeeping for a while. Like my grandmother used to say: There are no stupid jobs, only stupid people.
I don't know if it would be wise to perhaps taste the liquor and then spit it out?
You are ony a couple of weeks sober and this is your beast/disease/addiction or whatever you chose to call it dancing the Harlem shake in its pjs and anticipating a slip while that little pesky voice (your AV) gives you brilliant ideas like tasting the liquor.....
Seriously, be careful and prepared and listen to your instincts if you feel something is wrong.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Carlotta, what was wrong was that while there is no quota I get the sense that I have to sell these expensive bottles of liquor. I'm pretty good at sales but am looking for a non stressful job. I'm also a bit leery of dealing with drunks if they want to sample.