Notices

Hair of the DOG ?

Old 12-18-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm so glad we all took a hint and sobered up. Hoping that others in the same spot can see it's a sign of the end and take heed.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by jade2112 View Post
I'm so glad we all took a hint and sobered up. Hoping that others in the same spot can see it's a sign of the end and take heed.
Same here, regardless of our differences, we were all in a bad way and this thread actually got me a bit teary. I am so grateful to be sober and I am really glad everyone in this thread is sober too. Like Grumpy Cat would say:
"I drank in the morning, it was awful."
It is so sad to think that there are millions of people out there going through the same crap and who are not doing anything about it
Old 12-18-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I used to wake up after a bender, still be drunk and want to carry on. I'd get straight up drink anything then get drunk all day without eating. I'd have a great time listening to Jazz records and other music all day but ignore the pleas of others to have a break, eat something and rehydrate. The fallout the day after the 2nd day session was unbearable guilt, withdrawal, self loathing and being all consumed with myself (what I had done and how I felt) rather than thinking about others and how I had effected their day through my actions.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:13 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

These shares are such a gift to me. Thank you with all of my heart.

I never drank in the morning...

But...

My last drunk, 68 days ago, only lasted a single night, but I intuitively knew that if I ever drank again, I would begin drinking 24/7.

And the sickest and most frightening part of that, is that at the moment I had to make the decision whether to step over the line or not, I was completely fine with that being the beginning of the end. I was done fighting. It had won.

I have no clue how I got out of that one alive and sober. I truly, truly don't.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

A gallon of Carlo Rossi wine that I hid behind the curtain of my bedroom window was my hair of the dog. I needed that, or a Valium every morning upon awakening. It was a rare day that I could start without it in the last 4 years of my drinking. I'm grateful that I needed that because it left no room for denial.