Notices

Honesty

Old 12-16-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Honesty

I was only half honest with my sponsor this morning when I talked to her on the phone about something. I know I need to call her and tell her the full truth. She will be hurt if I tell my therapist before I tell her. Pray that I have the courage to tell her when I go to the noon meeting this afternoon. I did something really stupid yesterday I didn't drink or go to the liquor store at all so that is good news for me.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

It's up to you who you tell first. You should never be made to feel uncomfortable by anyone. Your sponsor is not supposed to have an ego, so I'm sure she will be fine, once you feel the courage to tell her whatever it is. I don't think it's dishonesty as such, just fear and holding out - there is a difference. Good for you not drinking
Old 12-16-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I did the same thing once and it was not about drinking either. The thing I have to remember is that I can't expect her total and complete support and guidance if I am only giving her half of the story.

It was not about feeling bad so much as it was that she has been honest and up front with me and it is only fair to treat her with the same respect. I would be upset if she told me half truths or broke my trust. I can only expect to get what I am willing to give.

She was happy I told her. We talked about it and she did not judge. I am glad I came clean. It opened a new line of communication as well. I now feel I can go to her with anything with no reservations.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I talked to my sponsor yesterday before the meeting and I was completely honest with her so now I feel better. She is the one person who knows all my weaknesses and strengths and still loves me so I don't want to ever lie to her.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you! I think it shows growth, at least that is how I felt about it. Before, I wouldn't have cared or even if I did a little, I would have drank the care away. It would have just been one more thing I would have stuffed inside on the pile of "whatever" crap.

I read something in the BB the other day and it really hit home with me. It was in one of the stories. "but in my self-centered-ness it had simply never occurred to me that they cared that much"

Today I am a little more willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt rather than assume they either don't care or only care because it serves them. That sort of trust is very hard for me and I only give it to a select few, my sponsor being one of them.