Notices

Alcahol Withdrawal and DT,s

Old 12-16-2013, 04:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Alcahol Withdrawal and DT,s

At first sorry if my grammar or English is bad.
Hallo everyone. Can anyone here share expirience with withdrawal and DTs. I am sober for 3 months now. Tried to quit 10 day bender ,cold turkey, and felt in to hardcore hallucinations and went to hospital for detox. After 7 day treatment in hospital returned home and now im sober for 3 months. But i don,t feel well. Im tired, anxious my head is foggy. I can't concentrate on anything. Does this goes away ? Is this from DTs ?

Thank you !

Old 12-16-2013, 04:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Binge

I'm not a Dr but no it's not DT's. DT's happen in the first few hours of withdrawal usually and that was probably the period where you had the hallucinations.

Being tired anxious and foggy after a month is actually pretty common - if you're like me you abused your body and mind for years...it can take a little time to recuperate from that.

I don't want to persuade you away from seeing a Dr tho - it's a good idea if you feel poorly or concerned

D
Old 12-16-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for your response Gona see doctor soon.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just keep up your sobriety and it will get better.
I was foggy for quite some time.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is most likely post acute withdrawal syndrome. also known as PAWS. Please educate yourself on this as it will explain a lot and is also cause for relapses.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had a somewhat similar experience to you binge in that when I came off a 10 day bender about 8 weeks ago I had some visual hallucinations but was told by the doctor they were more likely due to sleep deprivation rather than true delirium tremens as the hallucinations were not accompanied by delirium or psychosis. I was fully aware that what I was seeing was hallucinatory. For example, in the hospital I looked at the wall and saw what looked like a black and white movie reel being projected on to it. It was quite realistic and vivid actually but once I had been given a dose of valium and thiamin and slept , I had no more hallucinations. The anxiety and foggy brain has come in waves for me usually when I am dehydrated or haven't eaten for a few hours. It's perfectly normal and in my experience resolves itself after a couple of months depending on how long you abused alcohol for. See a doctor if it persists and / or starts to become concerning for you
Old 12-16-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Binge,i had the same anxiety and tiredness for about 2-3 months after stopping drinking but it has started to improve now,just try to hang on in there.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all. I poisoned myselve for 8 years. Yes i think it need some time to come back normal.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My fog still rears it's ugly head from time to time, but it's easier for me to tell myself that it's only temporary now. You're on the right track after 3 months, it will be hard, but it's worth it.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's very good to meet you Binge. I hope you'll stay with us.

I agree with the others - I was fuzzy for a few months. You'll go through many phases as you heal. I'm glad you're seeing a doctor soon.