Notices

I hate that I can't stop drinking.

Old 12-15-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hived all the allergy stuff off to a new thread.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...y-alcohol.html

D
Old 12-15-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hiya tigerlill

I went to a few AA meetings about 10 years ago and they just did not work for me .

But now 5 months sober i am seriously contemplating going to another. . When I'm ready , I'll know . I don't get the higher power and all that ...

But as someone said earlier , you don't have to make it religious i just feel its time for something extra for me at this point .

My sobriety started literally with SR .

I would NOT be sober now had i not found this wonderful place.

The little snippets of advice i have randomly picked up in here by people who have been where I was , have been invaluable to me .

You have had enough ! Its time to stop , but you really have to want this.

Good luck , keep posting ...you can do this - with all of us to support you .

Xxx
Old 12-15-2013, 10:42 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good move! Hope you get your answers, and all new questions. Like how can I help others get sober like I did. See the questions never stop, thank goodness!
Old 12-16-2013, 12:25 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Why is it legal? I would say that at least part of the reason is because over 70% of all alcohol revenue goes directly to the government in the form of taxes (Google it, it's shocking). It's a multi-billion dollar revenue generator. The government is capitalizing on us being brainwashed by marketing.. when we think of it logically, does alcohol really give us any benefits? The answer is no. We can't possibly get any benefit whatsoever from ingesting a poison. We've all been brainwashed into thinking we do, from major advertising companies, and what makes matters worse is this has been going on for many, many years, and for many of us (myself included), our parents fell into the same trap so not only has the brainwashing occurred external to our family, but internal as well. It's all a vicious cycle.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:31 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
Good move! Hope you get your answers, and all new questions.
I like that. Thanks.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:37 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I am so tired of this roundabout.

Sure I can manage my alcohol intake. I manage by taking enough pills to pass out every night so I don't get in my car and drive to the liquor store for more. I'm smart like that (insert sarcasm here).

I count down the hours every day until I can drink, until work is finished, or my errands are done, or my doctors appointments finished. Then I get the relief that alcohol brings, the 'off switch' that the pills bring and 10 or so hours of sleep which is a reprieve from the constant thoughts of suicide while I'm waiting for it to be time to drink again. If I didn't have a pet, I wouldn't still be here. I won't kill myself because no one will love my special needs cat as much as I do. My life is fine. I don't have any problems. I have a job, friends (even though I don't want to see anyone - just stay at home and drink/pass out). Nothing is wrong. I'm such a misery to myself, it's sickening. I have no reason to even be sad.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

When my dr comes back from her vacation in two weeks, I am going to talk to her about going to a rehab. This isn't working. What is going on inside my head is not working. It's getting worse.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

Is it really necessary to wait two weeks tho Tigerlili?

It;s hard to guage with text, but if you're being serious and if the only thing keeping you here is your cat, I think that's a pretty urgent need for some help...

Here are some local phone and web supports

Counselling Online - Home

Counselling Online is a service where you can communicate with a professional counsellor about an alcohol or drug related concern, using text-interaction.

This service is free for anyone seeking help with their own alcohol and drug use, or if you are concerned about a family member, relative or friend.
Counselling Online is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, across Australia. You may choose to use this service anonymously or can register for ongoing assistance.
If you are in a crisis situation or need immediate medical assistance go to the Emergency Help section of this website or call DirectLine for 24-hour, 7-day counselling, information and referral on 1800 888 236.

Salvos Care Line
24 hr counselling- 1300 36 36 22

Lifeline
24 hr counselling. All Issues.
Phone: 13 11 14 (cost of local call from landline)

Suicide Call Back Service
Phone: 1300 659 467
Seven days a week, 10am - 8.30pm (EST) to speak to Suicide Call back Service counsellors. After hours calls are answered by SuicideLine (VIC) counsellors.
ATAPS Suicide Support Line

and some good reading here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ease-read.html

Take care of yourself Lili - you have people here who care about you
D
Old 12-27-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

Is it really necessary to wait two weeks tho Tigerlili?

It;s hard to guage with text, but if you're being serious and if the only thing keeping you here is your cat, I think that's a pretty urgent need for some help...

Here are some local phone and web supports

Counselling Online - Home

Counselling Online is a service where you can communicate with a professional counsellor about an alcohol or drug related concern, using text-interaction.

This service is free for anyone seeking help with their own alcohol and drug use, or if you are concerned about a family member, relative or friend.
Counselling Online is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, across Australia. You may choose to use this service anonymously or can register for ongoing assistance.
If you are in a crisis situation or need immediate medical assistance go to the Emergency Help section of this website or call DirectLine for 24-hour, 7-day counselling, information and referral on 1800 888 236.
Salvos Care Line
24 hr counselling- 1300 36 36 22

Lifeline

24 hr counselling. All Issues.
Phone: 13 11 14 (cost of local call from landline)

Suicide Call Back Service
Phone: 1300 659 467
Seven days a week, 10am - 8.30pm (EST) to speak to Suicide Call back Service counsellors. After hours calls are answered by SuicideLine (VIC) counsellors.
ATAPS Suicide Support Line

and some good reading here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ease-read.html

Take care of yourself Lili - you have people here who care about you
D
Old 12-27-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

You're a really kind person, Dee. Thanks.

I think I will be ok until my dr comes back. This isn't a new pattern. I've been like this for years, even before I started problem drinking. I just need a new way of dealing with it, especally now that i've started drinking again.

I trust my dr and I don't want to have to go over everything with someone new.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

well the info is there if you, or anyone else, needs it TL

Take care,
D
Old 12-27-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Correct you DO NOT need AA to get or stay sober ........BUT id highly recommend getting the big book ,READ IT COVER TO COVER ,REPEAT PROCESS ,THEN REPEAT .

It will help you understand what you are dealing with.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:11 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Karate - I've read the book multiple times with multiple sponsors since 2008. If the answer to all my problems was in there, I'd have solved them by now.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

If self-knowledge and information about alcoholism was all it took to be recovered, I'd be so recovered it'd knock your socks off.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Right now I'm just going to focus on breathing, putting one foot in front of the other, going out to do some errands and go to an appointment.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:25 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Im right there with you

Originally Posted by TigerLili View Post
I keep relapsing. Every time I think it's going to be different and it never is.

Don't even ask me about AA. I'm tired of the politics and nonsense.
Hi TigerLili,

You are not alone in how you are feeling right now - I relapsed last night (again) in my 10th day of sobriety. I want to be free from it more than anything....to continue doing something that makes me so miserable is "baffling". I feel the same way about AA as you do....I learned a lot of things that I know can be helpful, but just don't think it is for me. Hope we can help each other. I am not drinking tonight & just have to "pick myself up" and start again. Hugs to you
Old 12-27-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TigerLili View Post
Karate - I've read the book multiple times with multiple sponsors since 2008. If the answer to all my problems was in there, I'd have solved them by now.

I was helped a bunch by understanding the problem ,But for the brain to accept the knowledge in the big book . You need to be in a clear mental state .

I wish you the best .

Went through lots of self awareness my self ,Am I cured ,well heck now .

But I got one hand hanging on
Old 12-27-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hoping you'll soon feel better.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Reading the book is not the solution to the problem. Following the directions in the book is. But this is not the twelve step forum and TL does not want aa. And that's fair.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mick3580 View Post
Reading the book is not the solution to the problem. Following the directions in the book is. But this is not the twelve step forum and TL does not want aa. And that's fair.

AA might not be for everyone , But the book will address the reasons why we act as we do .

In fact a person could despise AA ,and the principals would still be valid .

Im not a AA member .