Notices

Obamacare

Old 12-12-2013, 12:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Obamacare

I just returned from my PCP and had an interesting discussion regarding the requirements of Doc under Obamacare. Anything disclosed even in confidence has to be input into the electronic database.

What this means is it has consequences if you tell your doc you are an alcoholic (I have refrained but skated around this).

I pay for all my therapy sessions in cash - if you use insurance there is a history.

What does this mean? Well, in my case I have several relatively large insurance policies - one guaranteed the others not. Pre existing and disclosable information come to mind. Licenses: Firearms, Pilot, SCCA.

I am not providing advice or suggestions, I am merely pointing out that data is being collected and while it may sound very good to disclose everything to your doctor, under law they are having to disclose this to the Government and who knows who else.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I suspect your Dr. may be wrong about this. I have a physical coming up next week and I will talk to my Dr. about it.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Was Fox news on in the waiting room? I think some excess generalizing may be in play here...
Old 12-12-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by foolsgold66 View Post
Was Fox news on in the waiting room? I think some excess generalizing may be in play here...
Nope they were not - I am not taking a political side in this post. However, you are welcome to turn it into that.

The moral of my message is talk to your doc about what is reported and where its reported before you disclose things....you may just learn something.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

LOL, JD. I'm not very worried about Obamacare. I do have a number of concerns about the Affordable Care Act, though.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The doctor is not required to enter every sentence you say. That's because there would be no way to prove what you said between you and your doctor. Nobody is spying on you - just like nobody was spying on you before.

It's a scare tactic used by those that are against Affordable Care. Sadly that sometimes includes doctors.

One of the good things is that millions of people that could not afford care will now be able to have real medical care. I see over and over people saying they can't afford medical care on these forums. Now there is an opportunity for those people to receive the help they need.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ibtl
Old 12-12-2013, 01:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

LOL, JD. I'm not very worried about Obamacare. I do have a number of concerns about the Affordable Care Act, though.
Obamacare IS the Affordable Care Act...
Old 12-12-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hello Obamacare, Goodbye Privacy: First Data Leak Reported and the System Isn't Even Live Yet |

Yea the whole database thing is a hoax.......read and weep.....all your crap will be available to anyone who wants to see it.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You do realize that the Obamacare law as it is written has many Hipaa violations correct? That many of these issues are being "ironed" out as we speak.

Amazing, life is just grand if you stay ignorant. Maybe some Fox News is in order?

Good luck
Old 12-12-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

If they can take a single paragraph like the second amendment,and twist it around like they have and are planning on doing. What do you think they will do with over TEN THOUSAND PAGES of regulation in Obomacare.
In my opinion,anything is possible. 5 years from now when there is no more private insurance,and it's all government ran. Who knows what they will dig up on you. Health care will be like the license bureau. A screwed up mess,except for violations. They will get that part right.
I'll shut up and go away now.

Fred
Old 12-12-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post

Obamacare

well only one thing about Obamacare holds true to date
as Nancy Pelosi stated
"we need to get this bill passed so as to see what's in it"

as we are still finding out more each day

polls show that 2/3 are unhappy

as a retired government worker I can state one thing for sure
government does not run things cheaper or better -- period

MB
Old 12-12-2013, 02:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rockymax View Post
You do realize that the Obamacare law as it is written has many Hipaa violations correct? That many of these issues are being "ironed" out as we speak.

Amazing, life is just grand if you stay ignorant. Maybe some Fox News is in order?

Good luck
Actually, I've read the law but don't understand all of the implications. I didn't see the part where ANYTHING disclosed to your doctor has to be input into a database.

I don't like the fact that disclosure accidents are exempt from HIPAA penalties. You?
Old 12-12-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

i watch them too, great way to get good info with NO Spin on it.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

all your crap will be available to anyone who wants to see it.
Not even close to being true. The article you site is written by a woman that runs a cooking blog - not exactly a shining light for reporting. She in turn sites a right wing propaganda site as a reference.

As for worrying about your crap being all over the place - you might consider another avatar instead of your personal photo.

Obamacare law as it is written has many Hipaa violations correct
Again - more propaganda from the fringe right. That's just wrong.

This is just nutty talk designed to frighten those that don't know any better.

There are a lot of states now where folks can get the medical help they need- including treatment for addiction - that they couldn't before. I sincerely hope that people on these forums that have been denied care in the past will utilize Affordable Care.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post

Obamacare IS the Affordable Care Act...
I have seen no winners so far (Affordable) ??
most all have to pay much more for far less

MB
Old 12-12-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

as a retired government worker I can state one thing for sure
government does not run things cheaper or better -- period
As someone that has worked in both the govt and the private sector I can promise that is wrong.
Medicare is MUCH more efficient than private health insurance.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Old 12-12-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ClearLight View Post
Not even close to being true. The article you site is written by a woman that runs a cooking blog - not exactly a shining light for reporting. She in turn sites a right wing propaganda site as a reference.

As for worrying about your crap being all over the place - you might consider another avatar instead of your personal photo.

Again - more propaganda from the fringe right. That's just wrong.

This is just nutty talk designed to frighten those that don't know any better.

There are a lot of states now where folks can get the medical help they need- including treatment for addiction - that they couldn't before. I sincerely hope that people on these forums that have been denied care in the past will utilize Affordable Care.
You sir are mistaken, and sadly, incorrect. Oh and by the way, take the left and right nonsense out of your argument, it sounds foolish. Save that for the 8pm garbage news shows.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ClearLight View Post

As someone that has worked in both the govt and the private sector I can promise that is wrong.
common sense tells us that
one has to show a profit to succeed
the other does not

human nature takes over from there

MB