Notices

Obamacare

Old 12-12-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You sir are mistaken, and sadly, incorrect.
Not at all - I personally know people that couldn't have gotten ANY insurance from a private insurance company. Now they can - at a good price.
I've seen Fox bring up folks that supposedly were getting screwed by Affordable Care - only to have them turned into laughing stocks because two of the three couples didn't even to bother to see what their options were. Turns out they would have saved money.

The only reason I even hopped on this thread was so the nutty scare tactics wouldn't frighten people that could take advantage of the Affordable Care.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post
I just returned from my PCP and had an interesting discussion regarding the requirements of Doc under Obamacare. Anything disclosed even in confidence has to be input into the electronic database.
I've done a little research and I've found no credible evidence that supports any claims that a patient's private health information will be stored in a centralized ACA datahub.

However, information such as your Social Security number, IRS info for income verification and immigration status is stored in the Affordable Care Act datahub.

Also note that this information will only make it into the ACA datahub if you purchase your insurance through the ACA exchange. And there is no requirement for anyone to buy their health insurance through the ACA exchange

I believe this is a misunderstanding on the part of your doctor, and probably also due to outright distortions by those institutions and groups that are opposed to the Affordable Care Act.

The ACA is obviously a hot button issue, and there is a lot of spin going on from both proponents and opponents. I suggest everyone take all information regarding the ACA with a huge grain of salt and do their own research at a number of reputable news sites and blogs.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
quat

It's already too late most people think healthcare isa card or an id
number. We are just going to have to live through the consequences of that kind of thinking, if the law stands..
Ending employer supported health insurance payments would be a giant step in the right direction, but tryand say that without getting verbally mauled.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ClearLight View Post
Not at all - I personally know people that couldn't have gotten ANY insurance from a private insurance company. Now they can - at a good price.
I've seen Fox bring up folks that supposedly were getting screwed by Affordable Care - only to have them turned into laughing stocks because two of the three couples didn't even to bother to see what their options were. Turns out they would have saved money.

The only reason I even hopped on this thread was so the nutty scare tactics wouldn't frighten people that could take advantage of the Affordable Care.
We were talking about Hippa violations and the sort. Go back to your warm and fuzzy felling about Obamacare. What you mentioned above has nothing to do with the topic. And for the love of god, get off the Fox News rant.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

well they do want all you past history, medical, and mental. these are all risk factors you have that insurance companies need to form a policy for you. risk factors are basically just that, factors that place you at risk for using your insurance. you are going to have to sign it and be honest about it because it might be viewed as fraud if not.

medical records and data bases from hospitals, medical providers, labs, therapists, ect are not currently linked to a one system data base,, not yet. i am like you i go to a therapist too but i pay cash and do not file a claim. i do that for this reason. so i would think you are safe from that. cause i know there is no paper trail with cash. i know that some mental health conditions now can limit your options in life sad to say such as gun ownership, career options, and some licensing. (before i get flamed by others and Mods, look it up) because it is true. HEPPA laws do protect our info mostly from falling into private hands not from one insurance company to another, you will sign that right away when you apply for insurance, it is that little fine print.

as for your insurance policies, to my understanding insurances policies are normally locked in a contract for a certain length of time, then you have to renew it. and the data you provided to Obama Care will more than likely be on a national data base for all insurance provides to view to form a policy for you and your needs.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

this is starting to get uncivil, so we're done.

2. Outside Agendas: No posts of an overtly political or religious nature OR posts promoting advocacy of particular personal, medical, legal, religious, political, or non-profit causes. The forums are intended for offering mutual personal support related to recovery from addiction or recovery for family and friends. This is our primary purpose. Debating controversial subjects should be taken elsewhere. Limited references are allowed, but the forums should not be used to convert others. Do not post content or links or materials to and from sites that flame someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program/method. It is inappropriate to promote the use of alcohol or drugs on our addiction recovery forums.
D