Notices

This won't be all that enjoyable

Old 12-12-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This won't be all that enjoyable

I've decided to sober up. I suppose its been 8 hours or so since my last drink, so in a few more I'll get a bit weak and shaky.

Then tonight I'll get the sweats, and those will be worse tomorrow. And i'll stink, why does one stink and sweat anyway?

In a couple days I'll be able to sleep again, and in between I will have that strange inability to regulate my own body temperature. Hot and sweaty under teh covers, freezing out of them. In a few hours I'll get uncontrollably horny, which will just compound the situation.

And the worst of it is the guilt. Those guilts are something words cannot explain.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

lol, I am not trying to laugh at your situation, but the horniness is a new one for me. I can sympathize with all the other symptoms, they suck, A LOT! Hopefully you have a willing partner on hand. That could at least be a fun distraction? Take care, it will get better soon!
Old 12-12-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Good for you. It gets better. I try to move on and forget about guilt or it sends me back. Don't beat yourself up too much. Yes, I laughed at the horny too. x
  # 4 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by inabadway View Post
I've decided to sober up. I suppose its been 8 hours or so since my last drink, so in a few more I'll get a bit weak and shaky.
Since you can easily afford it, I suggest you seek out professional detox.
  # 5 (permalink)  
quat

I am not a religious guy, but if there is such a thing as penance, those things you so accurately describe are it, I think. It is the price to be paid for all the damage we do to ourselves. Accounts due and repayment mandatory. The good thing is you need only do it one more time.

It sounds like you have prior experience, you know it sucks but it gets better remember that.
wish you well
Old 12-12-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KateL View Post
Good for you. It gets better. I try to move on and forget about guilt or it sends me back. Don't beat yourself up too much. Yes, I laughed at the horny too. x
i fear drugs. and i do appreciate how ironic this sounds coming from a drunk, mostp owerful drug there is : alcohol

I could not live with taking a pharmaceutical pill

counseling, yes, I will get it over Christmas. Manufactured drugs? no way, no how
Old 12-12-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wish You Well!
Old 12-12-2013, 06:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by babycat View Post
lol, I am not trying to laugh at your situation, but the horniness is a new one for me. I can sympathize with all the other symptoms, they suck, A LOT! Hopefully you have a willing partner on hand. That could at least be a fun distraction? Take care, it will get better soon!
Doesn't everybody get horny when they sober up? God but I do. Almost literally uncontrollably.

And as long as I'm being honest on an alcohol forum, I suppose I should confess that I'm pretty sure that getting wasted and knocking up the local bartender has ended my last relationship. I possess an ability to be a dumbass like no other.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yeah inabadway! I posted on your other thread about the twins.

You CAN do this. It is just one tiny, tiny, tiny step at a time.

You'll get through it. I am cheering you on!!!!!
Old 12-12-2013, 07:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
I am not a religious guy, but if there is such a thing as penance, those things you so accurately describe are it, I think. It is the price to be paid for all the damage we do to ourselves. Accounts due and repayment mandatory. The good thing is you need only do it one more time.

It sounds like you have prior experience, you know it sucks but it gets better remember that.
wish you well
yes. nothing any hell could offer could ever match teh guilts. I will now, with unbelievable regret, relive every stupid thing I have ever done. It will literally shake me to my knees.

My old business partner always said that guilts were a sign of a soul. So I guess I have that going for me.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
quat

In the last few months I reduced the world's drunk population by one. Knocking down the total number of dumbasses and my personal contribution to that task may take some time, but I'm pretty sure it will be easier sober.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm in exactly the same place. Hungover, feeling rubbish, and the guilt!! It's a never ending cycle. I'll be good for a couple of days, then right back on the cycle. I really want to stop, for me and the kids. Horny ha ha, I wish. Always feel too nauseous for that lol!!
Old 12-12-2013, 07:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gibbons2 View Post
Yeah inabadway! I posted on your other thread about the twins.

You CAN do this. It is just one tiny, tiny, tiny step at a time.

You'll get through it. I am cheering you on!!!!!
Man I hope I can. I guess we will see, and I thank you.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Sounds to me like you are one lucky bast@rd that just hasn't realized it yet.

You have more money than God which means you could theoretically send yourself to Promises in Malibu to clean up, get your sh1t together all the while being cared for with private chefs, hypnotherapy and acupuncture. You could pull a 30, 60 or. 90 day stint there.

Then, when you are all healed you get the absolute PRIVILEDGE of a SECOND chance to have a family and right your wrongs from your first go at it. You get the love of children which will far outweigh the love you have been subconsciously seeking by, ahem, flitting from flower to flower.

You got it made brother.

Put the GD bottle down, log some sober time and see it for what it Really is.

A gift in strange wrapping.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

actually, I was a good parent the first go round. the one good thing I ever did. Well that and invent alot of stuff.

I just don't know what I can offer the second time around.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:15 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I worry every minute that the boys will know i'm a drunk some day.

I was a good father, it wasn't easy. They are all going to college, they are all good looking, they are all ... more grown up than I could ever be. Like they were born with old souls somehow.

I got so damn rich. American dream i guess. I guess I can't handle being retired.

And what the hell can I offer the new kids? I'll be damn near 60 when they go off to college.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:28 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

And what the hell can I offer the new kids? .
A sober father.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:33 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

well I guess since i'm going to spend the day with the guilts, I'll just fess up.

I once, but back in those days it was cool to drink, drove my car into my dormitory. just rammed it right in there. Got out of it too, I talked my way out of the entire thing. Scott free.

Thats my biggest problem. right now, racked with the guilts, I could impress everyone at some meeting. Its simple, really, everybody wants to be impressive, give them that and they give you the world.

Once my old business partner and I got hammered and drove around stealing stuff. I personally own the sign from the nearest liquor store, I stole it at 24.

I used to be a good driver, won several autocrosses, ****** all that up by being a drunk

If I get braver I'll talk about girls.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:42 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

well I guess since i'm going to spend the day with the guilts, I'll just fess up.
It isn't us you have to make amends too...
Old 12-12-2013, 07:47 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hey - the more you write about it all here, the more distracted you will be from the withdrawal symptoms.