Notices

A rough evening

Old 12-09-2013, 03:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A rough evening

I'm on holiday in Spain at the moment and really enjoying it. Even though I am surrounded by alcohol (Spanish wine, beer etc) I haven't given it much thought because I have been sightseeing etc... until tonight that is...I have also been eating a lot. I I don't know if it is the warm weather or just being outside all the time but I haven't stopped eating since I got off the plane.

Anyway tonight we got chatting to two English guys. They pulled up two chairs and plonked down beside us. I honestly forgot how insufferable and boring drunk people are coz I just haven't been around any. So the barman stops by our table and one guy goes "I want a bloody mary" but the barman had never heard of it and he even went to the kitchen to see if the chef had tomato juice but he didn't. So then he said "I will have a gin and tonic but only if you have bombay sapphire". So the barman leaves and returns with what I can only describe as a balloon of gin. Yes, it was that enormous. Now, I must say that I never ever drank gin, not even when I was at my worst. But I just couldn't take my eyes off that glass with the ice cubes and slice of lime. I felt almost dizzy and my heart was pounding. So I picked up my phone and said I had to make an important call, coz I just had to get away from the two eejits laughing at nothing. Then I felt like a killjoy. ...and kind of boring... I hope I wasn't as obnoxious when I was drinking, but I probably was. Thankfully I am going to the mountains tomorrow so I won't be in that situation again. I didn't know it would be so hard, I was happy enough until tonight!

Anyway just wanted to get something off my chest and thanks for reading x
Old 12-09-2013, 03:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
AA member

Good to hear from you tetra and lovely that you are on holiday.

Sounds as if you handled the situation perfectly.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
I'm on holiday in Spain at the moment and really enjoying it. Even though I am surrounded by alcohol (Spanish wine, beer etc) I haven't given it much thought because I have been sightseeing etc... until tonight that is...I have also been eating a lot. I I don't know if it is the warm weather or just being outside all the time but I haven't stopped eating since I got off the plane.

Anyway tonight we got chatting to two English guys. They pulled up two chairs and plonked down beside us. I honestly forgot how insufferable and boring drunk people are coz I just haven't been around any. So the barman stops by our table and one guy goes "I want a bloody mary" but the barman had never heard of it and he even went to the kitchen to see if the chef had tomato juice but he didn't. So then he said "I will have a gin and tonic but only if you have bombay sapphire". So the barman leaves and returns with what I can only describe as a balloon of gin. Yes, it was that enormous. Now, I must say that I never ever drank gin, not even when I was at my worst. But I just couldn't take my eyes off that glass with the ice cubes and slice of lime. I felt almost dizzy and my heart was pounding. So I picked up my phone and said I had to make an important call, coz I just had to get away from the two eejits laughing at nothing. Then I felt like a killjoy. ...and kind of boring... I hope I wasn't as obnoxious when I was drinking, but I probably was. Thankfully I am going to the mountains tomorrow so I won't be in that situation again. I didn't know it would be so hard, I was happy enough until tonight!

Anyway just wanted to get something off my chest and thanks for reading x
Well done you. You'll be over it tomorrow. Enjoy the mountains x
Old 12-09-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

why didn't those knuckleheads order Spanish cocktails since they were visiting Spain?

what did they order to eat bangers and mash?
Old 12-09-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
You have it confused. Two drunk eejits laughing at nothing is boring. You are not boring at all.