Notices

Day 8

Old 12-09-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8

1 week. This is insane. 1 week and not a drop. Last night I went to bed thinking about how sick I was last sunday night and felt pretty good.

But today I'm terrified. I've gotten this far before but never to 2 weeks. It worked last week because I worked 6 days and when I got home I was too tired to think so I just went to bed. On my day off I had to lock my self in the house so I wouldn't go buy a bottle of something-anything. It helped there was a blizard
This week I only work 4 days I don't know how I am going to get through my 3 days off.
Just getting through Monday night football is what I should really be thinking about today, actually working is what I should be doing but no, I'm at my desk obsessing... any ideas?
Old 12-09-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

A week is fantastic. If you are at work, unproductive and obsessing, you might as well read up on addiction, alcoholism, recovery and so forth. The Big Book of AA in online. SR has large portions of Under the Influence posted.

Plot out some activities you can do when you have three days off and how you plan to remain sober.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Try not to worry. The feelings you have won't last forever.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi bearsfan

I lot of us get terrified when we approach personal bests...but the thing is, all you have to do today is what you did yesterday...all any of us can do is stay sober today

You;re not alone either - there's tons of support here, all the time, and in other places and recovery groups.

You're doing great - and the obsessional part fades, I promise.

Keep moving forward

D
Old 12-09-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
recovering alcoholic

My first 4 months - when I wasn't at work - I spent in my bedroom laying on the bed sleeping and praying. I was afraid to go out because I didn't want to buy alcohol. I went to work, came home, stayed in the bedroom. I went to meetings, came home and stayed in the bedroom. At about month five I started feeling better. By the end of month six I was feeling good enough to be out and about. I am one year, one month now and I feel great. It get's better. Get to meetings, get a sponsor, work the steps. It really does get better.