Notices

Pubs and Christmas

Old 12-06-2013, 09:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I had a bar stool with my name on it. And was there every day after work.
Still friends with the owner and bartender as the club is right in my neighborhood.

Sometimes I will see some of my old bar mates out smoking when I walk the dog and get the rundown of who's been in trouble and who died.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I used to have a mug with my name on it at one bar. They had a mug club which gave you cheaper pours if you joined. That was years ago. Towards the end I never went to bars or pubs. Drank at home instead. I often thought that there was nothing so lonely as standing in the middle of a crowded bar with a bunch of people all around me looking like they were having a lot more fun than I was and I didn't fit in. Not willing to repeat that and still too newly back to sobriety to tempt it.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I was a late drinker, at least compared to my friends. I was always into sports but still I used to go to pubs and clubs sober, act drunk or let the atmosphere make me drunk, and have a great time. In those days I didn't need alcohol to enjoy pubs or anything for that matter.

This is my long term goal to once again enjoy whatever without needing a lubricant which is damaging me terribly.