Notices

How much and how fast?

Old 12-03-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How much and how fast?

I've been pretty good the last few weeks. I drank tonight, but since I first posted here I've only drank on Fridays and Saturdays. That might sound lame, but I was on a huge, long bender where I was drinking almost every night.

I had just over a bottle of wine tonight, but on weekends I drink 2 bottles a night. Each of those nights, I down the 2 bottles in about 4 hours. Depending on what I've eaten that day, some nights I've been more drunk than others.

How much were/are you drinking and how fast?
Old 12-03-2013, 08:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

IDK, but I heard my Sponsor's voice in my head..."Protecting my right to drink". Either I do or I don't. I'd rather do THIS, so I don't do THAT. One drink is too many, and a hundred is never enough. I'm paraphrasing here, just my thoughts on your post. Good luck on that.
Bobbi
Old 12-03-2013, 08:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This sounds a bit too much like a verbal drinking contest Cre--

Everybody reacts differently to alcohol, so it isn't really a thing you can compare.
For a long time I could quickly drink very large amounts, but as my disease progressed,
I got drunk on smaller amounts unpredictably.

If you can still drink a lot now, give it time and keep drinking and you may get the same results.

I hope you don't choose to do that, however. I wasted 30 years of a perfectly good life on it.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know I was sick. I would start the night by chugging 3 bottles of "bootlegger" in a couple of seconds(12% abv flavored malt liquor drink 6.5 oz bottles). Then, I would drink up to 3 or 4 tall cans of "high gravity" beers within a time frame of 2 hours at the most. I also did this at home alone. Thats not definitely not normal drinking. And I am sure that's the fast path to death if I were to keep on it. The body can only take so much....
Old 12-03-2013, 08:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by Cre8tiff View Post
The only thing I'm curious about is what's behind your question?
Old 12-03-2013, 08:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

does it matter Cre?

D
Old 12-03-2013, 09:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

You're in this fight for yourself... why does it matter what any of us drank and in what quantities? It seems as if you are looking for people to compare yourself with ("I don't drink THAT much").

I think you'll get a much better response if you figure out what your real question is.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

To much, to quick but never seemed to be enough or quick enough.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cre8tiff View Post
I've been pretty good the last few weeks. I drank tonight, but since I first posted here I've only drank on Fridays and Saturdays. That might sound lame, but I was on a huge, long bender where I was drinking almost every night.

I had just over a bottle of wine tonight, but on weekends I drink 2 bottles a night. Each of those nights, I down the 2 bottles in about 4 hours. Depending on what I've eaten that day, some nights I've been more drunk than others.

I drank a lot and did it very quickly. The amounts you posted are way above normal so I'd suggest you quit drinking period. You are on a recovery board and tell us about drinking 2 bottles of wine a night. Might be a problem...hmmm.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Never small enough quantities to avoid the problems it caused.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I was drinking "all of them" "as fast as I can".
Man,I'm glad I don't live like that anymore...
Fred
Old 12-04-2013, 03:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm curious how bad others were/are when they started coming to the board, nothing more. Why does it needed to be pointed out that I'm drinking too much, clearly I know that and I pointed out that I am trying to cut back in the first sentence. I don't see my post as any different than the many "my story" posts, or "what made you stop" posts.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

How much is a reeaosnably common thread topic for newbies...I've never seen a how fast one tho.

Kinda sounds like a set up for bragging war stories to me Cre....

Seems to me you need to hear stories of recovery not stories of drunkeness, man.

D
Old 12-04-2013, 06:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Care, only you know why you asked, and that's your business. I would drink a bottle of wine (12.5%) in about four hours and making sure not to eat or to eat very little first--prbly hard on my tummy. In the last few months up til now (I'm only on sobriety day 9) that changed as I lost more control and also my tolerance went up so high I could drink a bottle as quickly as if it was a beer and it hardly affected me. So I'd drink more. I have to stop or die soon, I think. Best of luck
Old 12-04-2013, 06:27 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I meant Cre, not Care...I'm typing on my cell phone and it's kind of screwed up lol
Old 12-04-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Whatever I had I drank as fast as possible. Always. I "play the tape to the end" every day.
And that "End" was not pretty.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

To answer your question. I drank half a fifth of cheap vodka in 20 minutes then drank the rest over the evening.

That worked well for me until it almost killed me and I was on the verge of losing everything. Our patterns have nothing to do with anything other than to demonstrate we are alcoholic
Old 12-04-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks for the responses that simply answered the question.

I find on my bad nights, my big binges, I drink very fast. It seems to go hand in hand, like I'm in a race to get that numb feeling. Other nights, the nights that I've not gone completely overboard, a glass will sit in front of me for some time, ill also drink a glass of soda with dinner, etc. But when the weekends come now, it's like a trigger goes off at 630 and I start pouring faster and skimping on my meals. This is a newer development in my problem, another facet that I do not like.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I couldn't get it down my neck quick enough. I am a lightweight but still drank until I passed out. My liver is grateful for my lightweightedness however.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:25 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

3-4 vodka and diet sprites per night. If I opened a bottle of wine I would drink one bottle and stop before opening a second. This was my routine 95% of the time. The other 5% I would feel like I deserved more and would usually gray out after 3 vodka martinis in an hour to two hours.

For me it was the poor decisions and the fact that the 5% used to be 1% and started growing and the bad decisions started to get bigger. I understand the progressive aspect of this but I was relatively high in terms of my bottom.