Hungover and time to change

Don't know how to begin...
weekend drunk
tired of being sick on sundays
time to quit this weekend binge
Just good to read your success stories.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome! We all get tired of this repeating pattern. That's what drives us to change. We logically know it's not normal and painful, yet we do it over and over.

Until we decide to take control and our power to decide back.

Do you have a plan to attack this?
Old 12-01-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I always wanted to change when I was in the midst of a near death hangover, 3 days later I would feel ok and these thoughts would be gone.

When you are over your hangover , remember your hangover and all the crap that goes with drinking, write it down on a post it note and stick on your forehead , do whatever just remember...It will ALWAYS be the same and worse if one continues to poison themselves.

Good luck, no should not say good luck..You are over drinking full stop.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Fog,

Read new post "I love being sober" and all comments there after.

Believe me there are much better ways to feel the next day.
Wish you well.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Fog

It starts with a decision as simple as I will not drink today.
There's a lot of support here - welcome

D
Old 12-01-2013, 07:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Fog,
I knew I was done every morning I came to from yet another blackout drunk and every day I would end up repeating the process. I ran from myself. I ran from my fears. I ran from the beliefs rattling around in my head, whispering to me that I was not good enough, not smart enough, not handsome enough, incapable of achieving success, incapable of besting the risk for improvement... I was sick with self-doubt and trying to cure myself with alcohol. It is no mystery now that I was simply exacerbating all of my issues with substance abuse.

The hangover was only the daily physical reminder of the fact that I was destroying myself. There was far greater mental and emotional damage being done. When I was finally ready to stop, when I finally allowed myself to be vulnerable, when I finally asked for help it was then that I could embark on the road to recovery.

I hope that you find what you need to seek a less destructive way. If you know the fear, frustration and sadness of alcoholic drinking then you know that you want to change. Keep posting, keep writing, keep reaching out. Be strong and be vulnerable.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

Originally Posted by Fog58 View Post
Don't know how to begin...
weekend drunk
tired of being sick on sundays
time to quit this weekend binge
Just good to read your success stories.
I knew, deep down, every time I did the same things, went out with the same set(s) of friends, went to the same places, I would drink. I had to stop doing that. I had to change my behavior or it would still be the same: drink, drunk, wash, rinse, repeat. I hated wasting my precious weekends/life feeling so iill I wanted to die, swearing off the booze, recovering, then back on it again. I don't have drink in my house. I don't go out with drinking friends, if that's all there is on the itinerary I stay at home. Feeling good, feel cool, wake up feeling great. I've never, ever regretted waking up sober and wished I'd drunk the night before.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Every day is a new beginning. I stopped and started so many times that I cannot even count. Just count today as day one again and keep adding to it until you get it right. To be sure, I still count minutes as a success.