Notices

Not good

Old 11-29-2013, 09:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not good

Today was bad. I'm not well. its not looking good for the future.i will drink again at some point(im dumb) and with my medical condition..who knows. prayer is needed.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Prayers sent for MaxxPower!
Old 11-29-2013, 10:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

geez Max - you make it sound like you've already decided to give up.
It's never too late to fight back

I dunno whats going on but if you want to stay sober, fight for it - get support, make plans.

If you're feeling bad ok - do what you can, even if it's just posting here.

think towards the long term - how will drinking help?
It can't. It won't.

Prayers from me too

D
Old 11-29-2013, 10:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

dee. im fighting my hardest. that how i havent drank in 4 months.
just that..i'm being realistic, its quite petrifying.
the huge possibility of me being a statistic is...well...oh man. the doctors face kinda said it all.(will never forget it)
the sad thing is I love life
alcohol draws me in...cant believe i'm writing this.

Thanks always for your help dee...your a good man.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You know what? Alcohol almost killed my husband. He looked at me weeks after skidding down a road and scalping himself, he told me he couldn't do it. It had a hold on him. It was in his soul. He. could. not. do. it.

He's doing it and you can too!

You do not have to be a statistic. You have 4 months sobriety. You can have a lifetime of sobriety.

One day at a time. If that's too much, one minute at a time.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

all it will take - is for me to be no longer afraid of drinking anymore.
and if that time comes...that's it i guess.
im afraid...its a huge reason why i'm here.
everything! was a trigger for me today..was intense.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

When you're so stressed out like that, plug your ears, cross your eyes and take 10 deep breaths standing on one foot. If you can do that without falling over then you just took your mind off of a trigger and put it somewhere else... now, did you not?

I'm fooling with you but it could help. I don't know if it will but you could try!

What I would tell you is this: Don't worry about tomorrow. Lets just get through today. If today is too long, lets just get through this hour.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

When I first came here to SR I would read posts and it would almost seem like some people had sobriety conferred upon them - they got sober, they suffered no self doubt, no cravings, no setbacks....

Who knows it might be that way for some, but it certainly wasn't for me.

20 years of drinking and nearly 30 years of drugging did not die easily. I had to fight and fight hard to stay sober.

Some night I would work up a sweat fighting my inner demons....but I gave it all I had.

I changed my life - I dropped friends, I changed my routines, I stopped going out for a while. I really wanted this change, because I knew, for certain, drinking would kill me if I didn't stop.

I found support too - reinforcements.
SR helped me - other people use AA or counselling - some use rehab.

I was prepared to do anything - whatever it took ...if you're prepared to do the same - to do anything except raise a drink to your lips again - you have nothing to fear Maxx.

That voice of self doubt - that voice that keeps mocking your efforts and mentioning that 'forever is a long time dude'...

thats your AV.
and It lies.

D
Old 11-29-2013, 11:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thanks boxinrotz. its impossible for me to not think about the future. its just my personality i guess.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Max
I thought just like you are doing now but drinking and an alcoholic death are not inevitable my friend. Please keep resolute and things improve. Wish i could tell how many times i gave in to what i thought was my fate, only to find that yet again it was not to be. That just left me with the job to do all over again.
It will come right my friend.I never believed those who said it would, not in my hopeless situation. I was different,worse than them and not worth what they had. I didn't deserve it.
I was wrong and so are you.
Be resolute.
Please.
It will work out.
G
Old 11-29-2013, 11:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

i am fighting for my life. actually cried today dee! wish i could have some ''slips' available..but ive been told it could be fatal . been having great days with sobriety. but today was special.
hit a brick wall. feels like i'm experiencing something spiritual or..dunno. I need help.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not sure what happened today Maxx but the bad days are the days you have to bunker down, post as much as you can here, and make a solid cast iron commitment not to walk out the door.

9 times out of 10 the following day looks a lot brighter. I hope it's that way for you

D
Old 11-30-2013, 12:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Max I'm really pulling for your bro. I've drank 3 times since detox and each time I woke up the next day so upset and completely regretting drinking. Being sober is so much better! Trust me, drinking doesn't help anything, it makes it worse. Just don't drink man. No matter how bad you may be feeling, drinking will only make it much worse.

Stay strong dude!
Old 11-30-2013, 12:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by afloatsober View Post
Max
. Wish i could tell how many times i gave in to what i thought was my fate.
Sure does feel like my destiny. I'm only 32. Being told too never drink a single beer for the rest of my life, or even..to drink 'moderately' seems like a decent way to make my days numbered on this earth. especially with my personality.

thx afloatsober..i'm giving all i got.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sex with broads n booze. And you feel you're missing out?

Well, I'd hope you'd miss out on sexually transmitted diseases and to love your body, mind and soul enough not to trash it with booze to the point where you're in the hospital. If a woman can sleep with you on the first night, she can sleep with anyone AND she'll pass what Joe Blow gave her on to MaxxPower. Gosh, that sounds like so much fun Max. I mean waking up someday to see your willis all funky. I mean to hell with your pancreas now your manhood just got owned.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:51 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm not sure what happened today Maxx but the bad days are the days you have to bunker down, post as much as you can here, and make a solid cast iron commitment not to walk out the door.

9 times out of 10 the following day looks a lot brighter. I hope it's that way for you

D
I dunno what happened today either..my AV beat me up. Am i experiencing PAWS?
Old 11-30-2013, 01:27 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
Sex with broads n booze. And you feel you're missing out?

Well, I'd hope you'd miss out on sexually transmitted diseases and to love your body, mind and soul enough not to trash it with booze to the point where you're in the hospital. If a woman can sleep with you on the first night, she can sleep with anyone AND she'll pass what Joe Blow gave her on to MaxxPower. Gosh, that sounds like so much fun Max. I mean waking up someday to see your willis all funky. I mean to hell with your pancreas now your manhood just got owned.
ouch. nice jab...feel like a complete scumbag now.
Wasn't even remotely thinking about that kinda stuff. I have a girlfriend. I've changed allot of things in my life.
i'm currently struggling with never being able to drinking a nice glass of wine with my christmas dinner..etc. EVER again.. those kinda things.
Old 11-30-2013, 01:35 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Paws. I dunno...probably not.

Sounds like you've accepted intellectually that you need to quit, but your heart is doing backflips over finally and forever committing to that idea.

It's a common enough reaction - it's the start of the festive season....your first one sober.

Maxx, my drinking defined me.
I thought that was my destiny, too, and probably genetically when you look at my family.

but...I nearly died. I have several mini strokes. I decided I didn't want to accept a destiny where I died at 40, so I changed.

Funny thing was, after a while it became apparent that sober me was the real me - I recognised myself from my youth, before I started to write myself off.

It was the other guy - the drunk - who was inauthentic. He started as a role I played to get past being shy, or being sensitive or not having many friends.

I played the role so long I forgot he was an act.

There's nothing inevitable about you returning to drinking Maxx.

Like I said, it depends entirely on how much you want to stay sober and how far you're willing to go to make that happen.

Think about it. Think about your life til now and what bought you here.
Think about who you want to be.

Think about the real you
D
Old 11-30-2013, 03:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Max
Thanks for sharing what you have. Its no good just opening up when all seems rosy. The reality is that things do get tough from time to time. Someone said on here recently that they 'lean in' to uncomfortable feelings, emotions and truths in order to deal with them and move on.. That made sense to me. I tried it and it works.
nO MORE RUNNING.....
I have often been told that feelings won't kill me but another drink probably will.
One i accepted that for me drink simply was off the menu of 'solutions' to my disappointment at being me, that it would never work again for me, i HAD to learn other ways from those that have gone before me.
I am learning slowly and sometimes painfully, but i am learning.
So can you mate.
G
Old 11-30-2013, 04:23 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

it doesn't have to be forever. just for today. if i thought about never drinking again i would go mad, and would definitely throw in the towel.

hour by hour, day by day. you got this.

be well.