Notices

Not good

Old 12-02-2013, 05:37 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MaxxPower View Post
No problem G,
Thinking maybe because Christmas coming up, that all of these morbid thoughts are coming into play. This first sober holiday is going to be tough. My whole family knows of my condition. Its sorta embarrassing. Not sure what to expect. My younger brother(alcoholic) is telling me to ''save'' it till he gets into town to drink. What a idiot.
Maxx, you should make it clear to your brother now that you won't be drinking with him.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thx Phasetwo. Its already been done. He responded by saying, ''we'll figure something out'' coming from him, i'm unsure of what that means.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Threshold, your posts have meant allot to me.
thx again.
There is so much more to this than I originally thought. Trying to soak it all in. Allot of people will think that my 4 months sobriety is amazing(with just my willpower)..but to me, it means nothing. I'm in this for the long haul..screwing up is not a option.
I realize this is bigger than me and something needs to change...I can keep ''white-knuckling it'' but I just wont be truly happy. Trying to figure things out..
I will. cause I'm not going to loose this fight.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

What is, has a lot to offer when I am no longer bashing it for what it isn't.

ah Threshold, what a great perspective and truth. so easy to slip away from that view. thanks for the reminder.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

There is so much more to this than I originally thought.

Max,
yeah, i discovered that, too.
pissed me off no end.
originally i was just going to do this getting-sober thing with a forum and some Lifering meetings, but of course in about six months this little issue would all be behind me and done with and there'd be nothing, really, of significance left to deal with. right

in a roundabout way, it was very cool to be getting well enough to see how screwed up stuff/i was...ongoing.

keep going. just keep going.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:19 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fini View Post
[COLOR="Blue"]

pissed me off no end.

Struggled with anger for awhile..not so much anymore - noticed that its now shifted into being worried all the time. Drinking obviously took care of that for me. Trying to learn how to relax..haven't found a way yet - major project for me. Apologize if it sounds like i'm whining. Think I may be experiencing the effects of my brain changing from years of alcohol abuse...and it confusing. bigtime.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

yes; drinking took care of pretty much everything for me, too.

it was only after i'd been sober a while that i could see just how much of "everything" everything really was/is...
how much i'd insisted that the drinking-thing was separate from the rest of life and living.

maybe you'll get something helpful out of this: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post3836936