Notices

Into week 2

Old 11-25-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Into week 2

Just thought I would check in.

Well this is me in week two going into day 10 of sobriety. I am struggling with my eating disorder but see that and my alcoholism as two sides of the sam e coin...can't expect miracles and if I work hard enough I hope one day I can have recovery from both The difference I feel from being sober again is incredible, I forgot how good it is. Being able to function and take responsibility, being able to participate and be present in my own life! I am feeling so much happier despite the struggles, i see my therapist for my E.D so will keep talking about it to a minimum on here.

Got my blood results from my doctor today and miraculously they came back ok. My liver showed a couple abnormal results but they took them again and said they should be back to normal when i get them back. Still, any abnormalities of the liver is enough to show me that it was getting seriously out of control.

Going to AA nearly every day and reading on here a lot. Am bursting with gratitude for all of you, from those on Day 1 to the long time sober. Feel like im learning to put one foot in front of the other and take it 24 hours at a time. Being sober is incomparable to being drunk...i feel alive!!
Old 11-25-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope the best for you as you move forward sober. Keep it up.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Talking

Originally Posted by Try18 View Post
Just thought I would check in.

Going to AA nearly every day and reading on here a lot. Am bursting with gratitude for all of you, from those on Day 1 to the long time sober. Feel like im learning to put one foot in front of the other and take it 24 hours at a time. Being sober is incomparable to being drunk...i feel alive!!

YES! Congratulations Try18, I know just how you feel. How many times in a day do I just think I LOVE BEING SOBER!! Seriously. Keep doing what you are doing. Keep coming back, it works if you work it AND It Won't If You Don't. Bobbi
Old 11-26-2013, 12:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Thanks guys. Im wary at the same time as I know how quickly my mind forgets how bad it was. AA and this forum have been so great for that. Im glad i found SR as I can access it any time of day, in some tough moments where I've not been able to call someone etc I've come on here and read some. It is immeasurably helpful, Im so grateful for it.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
oak

Thanks for reminding me how great sobriety is. It is so much better than drinking!

Congrats on the second week. I'm happy you are finding what works for you.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done! Really Happy for you! Thanks for the inspiration
Old 11-27-2013, 11:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes