Notices

Slipping and sliding

Old 11-27-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

hey mate

i had 7 years sober, then relapsed and have spent a couple of years trying to get sober again, you are not alone, and you can do it.

keep posting and best of luck
v
Old 11-27-2013, 10:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome misshelena!

I often get a kind of weird lump in my throat and a lurching tummy when I hear of people like yourself, EndGame, and others who were sober for such long periods of time - time that's almost unfathomable, as Lady Blue said.

On the major plus side, it's marvellous that you've joined us here. I tend to the view - which I know some disapprove of - that IF we bust (and I have, oh yes, most of this year, and only yesterday, and was moaning about losing 11 DAYS ;-)) that we can and do learn a very great deal about ourselves and our addiction.

Sounds as if you're taking that 'live n learn' path. All power to you!

Looking forward to hearing more from your journey - both past and now.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

What can I say so many encouraging and positive replies... I feel so much stronger this time with my experience, strength and hope.. I really did become complacent and almost thought I was ok, but I wasn't, When i drink everything is magnified a 100 times and the evil demon sits on my shoulder saying just one more and then its too late, I am in overdrive, then I wake up in the morning with pure dread!
But this is my 4th day waking up fresh with out that crap consuming my body!
I am so grateful today and thanks for your kind support.XX
Also my partner is drinking but he went away for a few days so then I had the strenghth too get on top of this..
I did find it difficult signing in yesterday very busy with kids and home but I do have the app on my phone and just looking at all your comments helps a great deal with the day.XX
Old 11-28-2013, 12:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

MissH, you must have just read my mind...

Just finished my dinner, and thought I'd check back into your thread because I realised that you long-termers (who later relapse but then come back) bring all that experience, strength and hope to us too. Sort of like attending a Master Class!

I think that's why I said it would be great to follow your reflections on both your now, and each day forward, WITH that earlier 15 years behind you. But I hadn't quite spelt that out.

So rapt you're here in this remarkable community.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:56 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks bemyself, I have so much experience, strength and hope from my 15 years of sobriety but over the last year whilst drinking, that inner light had gone out..I had so much pride in myself and could take on any kind of situation with sober eyes..but soon as I picked up that drink it all disintegrated and fell away and I am left a shell...but you know what the postive vibes and strenghth I am getting on here I can feel myself rebuilding, I can feel that pride coming back (one day at a time) I have to watch myself getting to overboard...but hey I look forward to my day today with clarity.X
Old 11-28-2013, 11:03 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Yes.. A great week for me, day 5 and feeling a whole lot better then Monday,.. The picking of my fingers have nearly stopped.. It's the weekend which is the hard part, I have a too Dj on Saturday night which has been arranged for months. I will be ok, I have good friends around me who prefer my soberity. Thank you for today and thanks for being here😊😊😊😊