Notices

Trying really hard

Old 11-24-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying really hard

I am coming up on 8 months sober and I hate my job because my manager dislikes me. My supervisor is the only one that likes me and my coworkers too. I would change jobs but I should stick it out no major changes in the first year of recovery. So bad do I feel some days that I want to flip the manager of and walk out of the job. I pray every morning for god to remove this fear from me and to be more understanding of my manager and the other managers. I should try a gratitude list next because I am extremely grateful to have a job right now. I am going to a meeting this morning. I haven't had time to properly sit down and discuss things with my sponsor she knows about what is going on I have been super busy and playing phone tag with her. I probably get a chance to talk to her sometime today or tomorrow. I read that part on acceptance a lot on page 417 of the big book it helps a little.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Quitting drinking is a major changes that impacts just about every aspect of your life. I see no value in staying in a situation that is bad for you. While I would avoid making major changes compulsively, I would not have a problem with major changes that are carefully planned and well considered before making them.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

The point of recovery is to free us, free us to make good clear decisions with an understanding and acceptance of consequences.

I wouldn't stay in a bad or abusive situation because someone suggests no major changes in the first year...if it's thought out, and serves a proper purpose then do it.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
EndGame

There are major changes that we will likely regret, and then there are necessary changes that can strengthen our recovery.

The best time to look for a job is when you already have one. It's time to start the process.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is an employers market right now. I also think many are guilty of playing "good cop/bad cop". One person in management will try to be your friend,while another plays the part of @hole. That has been the case the last 2 places I have worked.
If you just walk out,you lose a reference,and also burn a bridge.
Just grit your teeth and smile while you look for another job.
Like others have said,there is nothing wrong with major changes as long as they are thought out and not driven by spur of the moment emotion. Try not to wee in anyone's cornflakes for the time being.(yes, even if they aren't looking) You never know when it will come back to bite you.
Fred